🌸Chapter 1🌸

•3rd Person POV•

Todoroki woke up in a fitful of coughs. He didn't  know what was happening, ever since he and Iida had gotten closer he was constantly coughing and he didn't know why. His thoughts were cut short when he felt something come up his throat W-what the- petals..?

Todoroki was beyond confused. Why was he coughing up petals all of a sudden? How did the petals get in his throat? Todoroki wanted answers so he texted the one person who is up until 3:30 am thinking to themselves.

Midoriya

Todoroki
Hello, Midoriya I have a question I think you'll be able to answer

Midoriya
Ehh sure, what is it Todoroki-Kun?

Todoroki
I just coughed up blue petals that were from forget-me-nots. Do you know why?

Midoriya
...

Todoroki
Midoriya?

Midoriya
Todoroki-Kun.. do you know what hanahaki disease is..?

Todoroki
Yes I believe so it is the myth about a women who has feelings for a man who does not reciprocate the feelings so she coughs up the petals of his favorite flower until she dies because she can no longer breathe because the flower has taken up all the space in her lungs if I'm correct?

Midoriya
Yes that story Todoroki-Kun..

Todoroki
Why bring it up, Midoriya?

Midoriya
I think you may have hanahaki Todoroki-Kun..

Todoroki
...

Midoriya
Have you caught feelings for anyone recently Todoroki-Kun..?

Todoroki
I.. don't think so I've been cautious of catching feelings for anyone..

Midoriya
Well.. who have you been spending time with recently? Have you only started coughing recently or?

Todoroki
Me and Iida have been getting close recently.. but I don't think I am romantically attracted to him

Midoriya
Todoroki-Kun I think you may have feelings for Iida-Kun..

Todoroki
...

Midoriya
It makes sense Todoroki-Kun you only started coughing when you and Iida-Kun started to get to know each other.. just think about it okay?

Todoroki
Okay Midoriya thank you for helping me realize my feelings

Midoriya
Of course Todoroki-Kun! We're friends right? That's what friends are for!
Well I gotta go now Todoroki kacchan is getting irritated because I'm not cuddling him. See you at school tomorrow!

Todoroki
See you tomorrow, Midoriya

~End of Text~

Todoroki couldn't believe it. He didn't WANT to believe it.. but it made sense to him. It made sense why he got butterflies in his stomach when Iida gave him a compliment, it made sense why his face got really warm when Iida was around, it made sense why he always wanted to be around Iida and it made sense why he got jealous when someone was close to Iida.

"Holy shit.. I'm in love with Iida.."

Authors Note•
Hello and welcome to my first story! As you probably noticed it's a IidaTodo hanahaki AU! Please tell me if you like it considering I'm not the best writer and show me where I can improve!

Word Count: 491