Chapter 32

"Come on! Let's get Moon and Qibli and Turtle!" Kinkajou raced out of the cave in a blur of yellow and pink scales. Mirage blinked, then zipped out behind her. 

"Guys! Did any of you see Winter?" Kinkajou yelled frantically. "He's not in his cave, and Bandit's cage is gone as well!" 

"Um, no." Moon mumbled. Qibli tilted his head. 

"He told me he was going back to our cave to rest," He muttered. "So...no. That wasn't the actual answer."

"I saw him," Turtle piped up. Mirage whipped around to see the plump SeaWing twisting his tail in nervous circles. 

"Where?" She demanded. 

"Um. He was flying away from the mountain," Turtle pointed a webbed talon at the entrance. "I thought he went hunting."

"When that idiot had his scavenger's cage in one talon?" Mirage groaned. "Turtle, he must've gone to the rainforest to get Icicle!"

"Sorry," He shrugged. "But how should I have known?"

Mirage rolled her eyes. Qibli hurried between them, raising an eyebrow pointedly at her tail tip, which was glistening dangerously with poison.

"No need, Mirage." 

She tucked her tail in tighter to her body, and Moon scooted away from her. 

Probably because of all the angry thoughts in my mind right now, Mirage realized. She tried to shut out the angriness, but waves of frustration at Winter and Qibli and Turtle were rolling out of her, threatening to overflow onto her scales.

Mirage shrugged helplessly at Moon, who smiled weakly at her pathetic attempts to block out her red fury. Suddenly, the NightWing got up and walked over to Turtle.

"Turtle, where did you get those rocks in your armband?" She asked curiously. 

"Oh, one day this huge rock hit a lake while my brothers and I were swimming in it. I wanted to explore it a bit, but my brothers didn't, so I went to find it myself. 

"It wasn't hard, the water around it was really hot. I found some small pieces chipped off the rock, and put them in this armband," The green SeaWing looked at Moon curiously. "Why?"

She took a deep breath. 

"Some dragons can block their minds from mind readers," She explained. "And that rock, skyfire, as Onyx calls it, does that.