Chapter 60

"Did you hear that?" Qibli asked suddenly. Jasmin pricked her ears, trying to hear what the SandWing was talking about. A faint scream sounded in the distance.

"I think it came from there," She pointed ahead. As they drew nearer, Jasmin saw two shapes; one was a dot of copper orange, the other was a black lump, lying on the warm golden sand. She squinted, flying ahead of the others, and saw that patches of silvery-blue scales showed up under the charcoal-black.

"Isn't that an IceWing?" Turtle panted, out of breath. 

"Yes, I think," Jasmin frowned, trying to see who it was. "And that orange dragon must be Peril. She's the only dragon I know with copper scales and smoke wreathing all around her."

"Wait!" Moon suddenly cried. She zoomed ahead, and Qibli tried to overtake her.

"What's wrong?" He asked. 

"That's Winter!" The NightWing was already rushing towards the two dragons, wings pumping steadily.

Sure enough, as Jasmin, Moon, Turtle, and Qibli landed on the ground besides the copper dragon, who was Peril, they caught sight of their friend, barely alive. 

"I'm so sorry!" The SkyWing cried, her electric blue eyes clouded with despair. "He just suddenly started looping around in the air and we crashed, and he got burnt!"

"It's alright, Peril," Jasmin winced at the heavy smell of smoke, her thoughts flashing back to the explosion in the history cave. 

"Here, this might help." Turtle took a smooth gray object out of a small leather pouch. It was a river rock. He gently grazed Winter's burnt scales with the stone, and the SeaWing had a strange look on his face.

"How will that help-" Qibli stopped halfway through his sentence. Jasmin gaped at Winter in awe, as ice-blue mended over the burning black. The smoke stopped hissing from the IceWing's body, and everywhere Turtle's rock touched, the wounds seemed to mend instantly.

"Oh my moons," Jasmin blinked. "Turtle- what did you just do?"