Chapter 52

"Woah," Kinkajou stood up, blinking. "That was fast!"

"Why are you trying to help Scarlet?" Jasmin hissed to Icicle. "Your brother might be dead, and she could just be playing with you!"

"You don't know anything," She snarled. "She'll kill me. I failed, and she'll see me again!"

"How?" Qibli asked. "Scarlet can't get to you here."

"Oh," Moon breathed. "Qibli, don't you get it? Scarlet has a dreamvisitor! But she must have caught you sleeping..."

"No," Icicle grinned maniacally. "If I don't sleep, she can't find me. She never will!"

"Oh, wow." Winter stepped forward. "But...you must be tired, with no sleep. No dragon can survive that long without rest!"

"Whenever I want to fall asleep, I lie down besides one of the lava pools, and the pain wakes me up," She twisted around from underneath Jasmin and spread one battered wing to show painful blisters. Jasmin shivered, wondering how the IceWing had even survived in this place.

"But how do you know your brother's still alive?" She asked again.

Before the IceWing could reply, a small blur zoomed past Jasmin and hit Icicle in the side, and Queen Glory burst through the tunnel followed by a patrol of RainWings.

"Princess Icicle of the IceWings," She declared, holding up a dart gun. "You are under arrest for trying to harm and kill our tribes."

Icicle let out a roar of fury, clawing at the dart stuck between her scales. 

"What did you do to me!?" She growled.

"Don't worry, it's only a sleeping dart," A pink RainWing, Jambu, scratched his head. "No need to panic. You'll wake up after a while."

Icicle's eyes went wide with panic. 

"NO!!!" She roared again. "She'll get me! Don't make me sleep!" 

The IceWing scratched Jasmin painfully on her side, and she let go, knowing that Icicle couldn't do any harm anymore. The IceWing opened her mouth, letting a simmer of frostbreath freeze her scales. 

"She's trying to hurt herself!" Moon cried, but Icicle's eyes were already starting to droop with sleep. Her stiff posture relaxed, and she slumped to the ground.

"Winter..." Icicle whispered. Her brother rushed to her side. "She'll get me...She's going to kill me."

Winter murmured something so soft, even Jasmin's sharp ears couldn't hear what he said. But as she strained to hear, she heard something that made her blood freeze. 

"...kill her myself," He whispered. Jasmin stiffened. Winter was prepared to kill someone.

But who?