The Sky Raiders: 22

The Domingo circled the castle a couple times. The captain and two other men approached us. The captain explained that the men would be taking us down in a lifeboat.
"We'll get you there and bring you back." Eli said.
"Unless you don't," Jace added. I elbowed him, and he laughed. His laugh was adorable and I loved it.
"Try to have some faith in us." I said, jokingly.
"I have faith in you. Cole, not so much." Jace said.
"Hey!" Cole said. Jace just shrugged and we all laughed. It was almost like we weren't possibly about to die.
They led us to the rear of the skycraft where the lifeboat was. It had Okie Dokie written on the side in swirled black letters.
Me and Cole sat down on the middle bench. Jed in the back, Eli in the front.
"Remember to shout if you use your sword. It doesn't always work if you say 'away' too quietly." Jace said.
I saluted him and smiled. "Yes sir."
He rolled his eyes, but he was smiling. "Die bravely." Eli and Jed echoed him.
"It's unlucky to wish you good luck." Jed said at our confused expressions. "We use die bravely instead."
"Thanks." Cole said.
I waved bye to Jace. He smirked and called, "Knock 'em dead!"
I smiled to myself. This boy was going to be the death of me.
The lifeboat lurched forward, a lot faster and more rocky than the Domingo.
"We'll set you down in the middle of the yard. If a monster runs out, hop back on the ladder and we'll get you out of there. Otherwise we'll hover above and help spot for trouble." Jed said.
"Okay."
"You never know. There might be no threat." Eli said.
"Castles in good repair. And it's big." Jed said.
"I can see semblances." Eli said.
Along the edges of the courtyard, doors opened and closed as women bustled around wearing plain dresses and white shawls. Some were empty handed some with buckets and brooms. None spoke or looked at one another.
"What do you think?" Jed asked Eli.
"Let's watch them." Eli said.
None of them even glanced at the lifeboat as they went about there business.
"What do you think?" Eli asked us.
"Creepy." I said. Cole nodded.
"I'll grant you that." Eli said. "Let's see if this shakes them." He tossed a rope ladder over the side. It unrolled, the end dangling a few feet of the ground.
The women took no notice.
"They don't act to alert." Eli said. "That might mena there's no predator."
"There still could be." Jed said, looking grim.
"Only one way to find out." Eli said. "You guys ready?"
"Ready as I'll ever be." I replied. Cole managed a flimsy nod as I started done the ladder.