Chapter 8

*derek's pov*

I woke in class to the sound of cheering. Darik was back, there was a bulge in his pants, probably a dick cast. Girls were being sympathetic and guys were high fiving him.

Groggily, I sat up. Did I just dream up an entire week with Casey? Was this a memory I don't remember? What even is the day?

The teacher brought Darik up to the front of the class and started crying.

"As you know, our friend Darik broke his flesh sword a couple weeks ago but he's back and ready to party." The class cheered and cried.

Derik sat in his seat but it sounded like he sharted. The room started spinning out of control. Suddenly, Kash's dead body flew from underneath the school and into the classroom. He had a guitar made of white light, like something God would play.

"BUT KASH YOU"RE DEAD!" I screamed, but it wasn't me screaming. I had made no conscious decision to yell at him.

Kash started playing the heavenly strings. It wasn't music. It was pure. I couldn't describe it if I tried. It was clearly a Red Hot Chili Peppers song, Dani California or something like that but it was as smooth and flowing as soy milk.

I was heaving, the power of this soulful thing, I don't even have a word for it, had a hold on me. Suddenly I threw up all over Darik. His pants melted off of him and underneath was an ivory chess set. The chess set grew wings and flew away. He had no genitalia.

"You shouldn't have found out like this," Darik whispered. How could he break his dick if he didn't have one?

Darik Pharaoh disappeared into a void that had appeared in Kash's eyes, gone forever.

Kash kept playing. His fingers caught fire, making him look like some sort of goddess.

The walls around me melted away revealing white that went on forever. It was just Kash and I in the void.

The music stopped. Kash froze. I heard footsteps from behind me. They sounded official.

"Hi Derek," a man with a southern American accent said. I spun around. It was former United States president Bill Clinton.

"Hi former president of the United States, Bill Clinton." Kash disappeared and the white walls turned into the walls of the bedroom I'd had in high school.

"I'm Bill Clinton," Bill Clinton said, handing me a huge blunt. "Are you ready to get down, honey," he said with a familiar feminine voice. He took off his face to reveal Casey's face. His business casual suit turned into a sexy ensemble (not that business casual suits aren't sexy).

"That was a bad trip," I told her.

"Tell me about it, I went to outer space."

"You won't believe what happened to me," I told Casey.

"Have you ever thought about getting out of Canada, you know like, moving to California or something."

"No!" I yelled, startling Casey.

"Oh," she said. "Well it's too late now I guess, we'll be going to college together here for the next four years." I smiled and gave her a kiss. I could never tell her about my bad trip.

"I was thinking about seeing that new band, Love Serpent tomorrow and skipping school," Casey said. My eyes widened.

———————————————————————————————————

epilogue: Casey and Derek didn't go to the Love Serpent concert and Derek called her Bill Clinton as a cute nickname until they got married secretly 12 years later.

THE END

THANKS FOR READING I LOVE YOU GUYS!!!