Chapter 4

DEREK'S POV

The bright lights nearly blinded me when I opened my beautiful eyes. I was alone in a hospital bed. My face felt weird. I felt it, I had a huge BEARD. It's huge I'm not lying. When I fully came to, I could hear the sounds of a busy hospital around me.

The tv across from my bed was turned to Fox News. It was featuring a news story about a celebrity I'd never seen. A doctor walked in and his jaw dropped.

"Derek, you're finally awake!" he exclaimed.

"What happened?"

"You've been in a coma for five years, it's 2015." I nearly started crying. "You overdosed back in 2010." I pooped my pants.

"Where's my family?"

"They live in Canada, except Casey, she moved to California." I became furious.

"To the city? I know she always wanted to live there."

"No a few hours north." I was determined to find her.

----------------------------------------

After reuniting with my family and going through a few months of physical and emotional therapy I decided to find Casey, my true love.

I traveled to the pacific North West and enrolled in a High School where Casey lived. Since I never graduated I had to finish my senior year. Although I was nearly 23, it didn't matter I needed to be educated.

On my first day, I was surrounded by teens. There were some really cute girls but Casey was the only one for me. My teachers were lame and had weird names.

The weekend after my first week, I decided to call up Casey.

"Casey," I said into my phone, not a razr but an iphone (the times had changed). "Can I come visit you?"

"Yes, but try not to be mad at me when you arrive."

I became confused but drove over to her house anyway. When I knocked an attractive male answered.

"Oh, sorry wrong house.." I said almost walking away.

"Casey, your brother is here," he yelled back into the house.

"Step-brother," I corrected him. Casey came up to the door in yoga pants and a large, extra-large tee shirt. She was so fat.

"Oh hi, Case!" I hugged her and realized not only was she fat, she was pregnant.

"I'm pregnant," she said. A tear rolled down my cheek.

"I thought so," I said. She smiled. I was invited inside and sat down on their couch.

"After you almost died, I moved here to get away from my old life. And after grandma passed away I knew it'd be for the best."

"Grandma's dead?" I cried.

"Yes, right after you were admitted to the hospital." I broke down and cried. "I got married last spring too."

"To him?" I pointed to the man sitting next to her. She nodded. He smiled.

"My name is also Derick," he said. "Spelled ick though." I freaked out. How could she do this?

Author's NOTE:

sorry guys I wrote this when I was high.... so yeah stay tuned I'll be posting the next chapter soon.....