Chapter #1: Day 1

Elizabeth's POV

I woke up, feeling dizzy. I am still sitting on my seat. I took off the oxygen mask and stood up and looked around. There were a lot of empty seats. But also 9 other unconscious people. I opened the overhead
bins on my side of the plane and saw my luggage, along with other people's. It was full.

'Where did the other passengers disappear?'

I turned around and behind me, a dude with blond hair, glasses and a red square sweatshirt woke up.

"What- Where- Did we crash?!"

"No, we're still flying. Almost everyone else on the plane, besides us here is gone. Their stuff is still on board."

"Perhaps the plane landed while we were unconscious?"

"I am not sure"

"I will go and look around. Come with me if you want."

"Sure. By the way, what's your name?"

"I'm William."

"Elizabeth."

I remembered this plane had 2 passenger cabins. We went to the other one to check if there are any other people, but it is unlikely.

"There are more?!"

"1, 2, 3, ..., 10, 11. There are 11 people. Which means there are 21 passengers left on the plane."

I checked my phone to see where exactly we are.

"Holy shit, it's 3 am local time and we are flying over... Massachusetts."

"HEY, WHO ARE YOU?!" - yelled a girl, pointing at us. She had blonde wavy hair and red dress and heels.

"Passengers, obviously. From the other cabin. And no, before you ask, I am not sure where is everyone else." - said William

"At least what time is it? I saw it's dark outside."

"3 am local time. We're in Massachusetts right now."

"Whatever. I will go and scroll through Instagram."

We returned and saw more people awake from our cabin. A girl with indigo short hair and black and white stripped shirt, half tucked in. A boy with black hair and red sweater. A boy with black spiky hair, a black and purple shirt. A girl with braided caramel hair.

"Where am I?!"

"Massachusetts. This is the third time I am saying this... Try to wake up everyone else. William and I will go and wake up the people in the other cabin."

"Just one question. Who is William?" - again asked the girl with braids.

"Me."

"Oh."

*~Timeskip brought to you by Prasiddhi~* 😏

Everyone stood only one of the cabins.

"I demand explanation." - said a girl.

"Look, I am as confused, as you are." - replied the girl with the indigo hair from before.

Before they think of starting a fight, I said:

"Why don't we just introduce ourselves? I'm Elizabeth."

"Whatever, I'm Sabrina." (The girl who demanded explanation. She had brown braided short hair and denim jacket.)

"Odette." (The girl with caramel braids.)

"Just call me Alex." (The boy with the black spiky hair and black and purple shirt.)

"I am Austin and this is Charlie" - said a boy with a white shirt and light sweatshirt, while pointing to a boy that looks very identical to him, like a brother.

"Moire." (The girl with the indigo hair.)

"Omar..." (A boy with wavy brown hair and blue sweatshirt.)

"Qasim." (The boy with black hair and red sweater.)

"Quinn! By the way, I'm genderqueer." (They had ginger hair and half of their sweatshirt being red, while the other half equally black and yellow.)

"I'm Mikah." (They had a white beanie.)

"My name is Trey, by the way." (They had pinkish-blueish gaur and dark clothes?)

"Amethyst. I go by She/They. Ze/Hir is also fine." (She had black-light purple dyed, also braided buns. Her clothes were matching her hair.)

"I'm Charlotte." (The girl with the blonde hair and red dress.)

"William."

"Dvir." (He had brown wavy hair and a white shirt.)

"Minji." (She had long black hair, white shirt and jeans. She looked really cool, by the way.)

"Thiago. Nice to meet you all." (He had black hair, dyed pink on the edges and was wearing a Hawaiian shirt.)

"Jo." (She had brown ombre braided buns and a black T-Shirt. Are braids really trending?)

"You may call me Jojo." (He had denim blue sweatshirt and black-grey stripped shirt. And now sweatshirts are trending too...) "So, is this everyone?"

"Wait, hold on... WAKE UP!" - screamed Odette.

"Huh, what were we doing?" - the unknown girl said.

"Did you really fell asleep in that short period of time? We were introducing ourselves!"

"Oh, right. I'm Kim-Ly." (She has long black braids, a white top and a contrasting dark green-red-colourful skirt.)

"Welcome to Flicker! Before you ask, Flicker is a murder game."

"MURDER?!" - once again screamed Charlotte. Remind me next time to stay away from her when she is about to talk.

"Yes, you heard right. Murder. The rules of the game are listed in your journals. And the paper with your role is also there."

"So that's what those books are?"

"The roles and their abilities are listed on a poster on the door to the pilot cabin. I don't want to make the same mistake as last time by explaining what each role does. It took me 30 minutes. The lights will flicker every 20 hours and will be out for 6. If you have any questions, I am always there on the speaker. Good luck, you will need it."

A minute of silence followed, until Omar spoke.

"We have to kill each other.... On a plane?"

"I am going to check what is my role. Will be back later." - I said.

I went to my seat and saw a book. How did I not notice it before? It had my name on it. I opened it and saw what the paper says.

'You are...

MEDIC

You are part of the GOOD TEAM. Protect one person each night from an attack! Find the murderer, and survive!'

'At least I am on the Good team...'

And with that though of mine, the lights flickered and the the blinds were down. Oh God...

_____________________________________

Character roles:
ELIZABETH - Medic
_____________________________________

Words count of Chapter #1: 1007