Chapter 1

Somewhere on earth.

A ship blasted over a grassy land, having a course set to going back to The Lost City. A storm lied ahead, clouds thundering.

"Repeat. Tower Approach, this is City Hawk  six-seven-four. Anyone there?" A ghost shell colored blue and white asked through a connection.

"Wave. Anything yet?" A girl in hunter armor asked, as she made sure the ship was steady.

"No. There is no one answering on any channels, Sona." It replied, floating around, as it watched the distance.

"Not even Zavala?"

Wave shook himself from side to side. "Something is wrong. Let's pick up some speed."

Sona nodded, reaching for the controls, and pushing one of the sticks forward.

They sped up into the storm, Wave taking over the controls, flying into a bright orange light. What they saw next was not what they were expecting. "Oh no. This isn't good at all." Wave shared a mental image with Sona.

"What is that thing on the Traveler?" Sona muttered, confused.

"It has to be something. I'll find somewhere to land." Wave said, as he diverted the ship.

The ship found a place to land, Sona teleporting outside of it with Wave, cradling her pistol close. She could tell there was a fire, feeling the heat and smell of the smoke.

Wave directed her around the place, getting a bit burnt from the flames that littered the place. They had to find any of the Vanguard so they could explain what was happening.

 They had to find any of the Vanguard so they could explain what was happening

Some rocks exploded out, creatures charging through it. Sona listened for the footsteps, firing each shot, reloading and firing again. She'd save her spear for later if needed.

Wave would sometimes send a pulse out, and she'd follow it out of there. "Never again." She muttered, as she fought her way through, listening to Wave talk about something. She remembered hearing something about the Cabal, but that was close to zero because she forgot.

"They want something. And whatever it is. It is here and important." Wave said, dodging one of Sona's mis shots that almost hit them. Sona apologized for almost shooting him. A transmission came through.

:This is Commander Zavala. Civilians: report to evac points. Any guardians out there, rendezvous in the plaza. Our City will not fall.:

Alarms blared as she ran through the halls, having a bit of a hard time hearing, as she fired at Cabal, getting some hits on herself. She didn't know where she was yet, letting Wave guide her. She made it to a door, trying to open it, until it did, Cayde (may he be remembered. He was one of my favorites and the reason why I chose Hunter. If you don't know what happened to him or why I say may be remembered. Go on fricking Youtube and find Destiny 2 Forsaken. I am serious.) hitting the side of the door once it was opened.