Chapter 5 - The Star Crystal Association

Nathan Tran Nhat Than (陳一神), a Japan-based Vietnamese senior researcher, working under his two mentors, Deputy Head Researcher Professor Moridake and Head Researcher Professor Takemori, has been given the task of using his powers to research from the tablets to gather information about the past of humanity which is not officially made public to the world for the purpose of identifying how to get rid of all the threats to humanity from otherworldly forces by identifying how they are related to us, and based on that, he needs to gather a team of fighters to help not only in research but also fighting whatever needed to be fought.

Nathan was originally an elite student in Vietnam who earned a scholarship to study in Japan at Seishokai University, and he discovered that he had the ability to read information stored in crystals using his psychic powers during his vocational training as a researcher in the university lab. Very soon, he was scouted by the university to become an actual researcher after his generation. The crystals were special crystals called 'Record Crystals' used to record all kinds of information about the world and some were many thousands of years old, and can even extract information from objects that are a million years old from the psychic energy left behind from the memories of the people who interacted with it, which made this power and crystals very useful for archaeology, and he would help compile all these to be archived in Seishokai University's vault.

With all the information and knowledge, he also acquired many skills by absorbing them from the minds of experts to embed them onto crystals and transfer the knowledge to other students through psychic knowledge transfer, and there were no side effects. He also learned to strengthen his skills by meditating.

There were past legends in some ancient world religions about powerful spiritual masters who increased their powers and skills to the extent that a goddess was sent down to seduce them as a reward and harvest some of that excess energy to bring them to heaven.

This was exactly what happened to Nathan Tran, who was visited by a breathtakingly beautiful goddess who went by the name "Sophia", not just once, but time and again, like they were already in a relationship. Prior to that, he did not have any dating experience, and his attempts to date failed due to his poor social skills as he was more focused on studying.

After that, he didn't need to date anyone anymore. He had Sophia who would appear every now and then at night while in his private abode where he lived alone without the company of other friends, which he did not need since he had her, and his study hobbies. With all this, he doesn't need many friends, just colleagues who cooperate with him and help him with his research, and that is enough for him to feel successful.

Nathan Tran gave a warm welcome to Kouryu. "Welcome to the headquarters of Seishokai, Kouryu.

Kouryu was taken aback by the sudden fanfare. "Hold it, what's going on?"

Nathan then asked, "You're trying to investigate your father's death on Ghost Island, right?"

Kouryu then asked back, "Before we go into that, who are you?"

Nathan then replied, "Me? I'm Nathan Tran Nhat Than, the Section Manager of the Data Archive Control of Seishokai. This is the place where many of your queries will be answered."

"Oh, really?" Kouryu asked back doubtfully.

"Your father was our good comrade of Seishokai at Ghost Island in Thailand. I'm sorry for the loss of your parents."

"Really? Then why didn't you come to save my father?" asked Kouryu.

"I wanted to save him, but we were powerless to do so, and we hated it, but we could not stop it. We have your father to thank for helping to develop a priceless weapon for us," he said.