Eleven

I follow Sam back into the waiting room and toward the front doors. Y/n spots us as we walk past, quickly catching up with us as we exit the building.

"Well, I feel better," Sam states with a sarcastic tone as we reach the street.

"I feel awful," I reply.

Y/n looks between the two of us, lips parting to say something, but she's quickly cut off by a loud siren. We look down the street to see Walker and Hoskins leaning against the side of the police car. They wave us over, and with a quick glance between the three of us, we approach them.

"Good to see you again," Walker greets. "Look, if we divide ourselves, we don't stand a chance, you guys know that."

Y/n crosses her arms. "So, what do you know?"

"Well, the leader's name's Karli Morgenthau," Walker claims, eager to please. "We've been targeting civilians who've been helping Karli move from place to place."

"They geotagged a location, then scrambled the signal," Hoskins adds. "But our satellites have found their symbol popping up in various displaced communities all across Central and Eastern Europe."

"We think she's taking the medicine she just stole to one of these camps," Walker finishes.

"Well, there are hundreds of those all over the planet since The Blip," I remind them. "So, I guess you'll have to look real hard."

"Good thing I have 20/20 vision, huh?" Walker replies, trying to joke.

"Where is she now, Walker?" I demand. "Do you know?"

"No, we don't know, Bucky," Walker answers, raising his voice. "But it's only a matter of time before we find out."

Y/n's feline grin finds her lips. "Wow. Things must be getting really intense for you, Walker."

Walker glares at her, but Sam steps between them before he can reply.

"Take it easy," Sam says. "Look, Walker's right. It is imperative that we find the Flag Smashers and stop them. But you guys have rules of engagement and all kinds of authorizations you have to get. We're free agents. We're more flexible. So, it wouldn't make sense for us to work with you."

"A word of advice then," Walker offers. "Stay the hell out of my way."

Y/n smirks at the idle threat, turning on her heel. We follow her as she leads us down the street.

Once we're a few blocks away, Y/n turns to us. "So, what now? Either of you have any connections that can help us?"

I don't answer her, staring off into the distance as an idea begins to formulate in my mind.

Sam nudges me. "What are you thinking?"

"Well, I know what we have to do," I tell them. "When Isaiah said 'my people'..."

"Oh, don't take that to heart," Sam urges. "That's not what he meant."

"No, he meant HYDRA," I clarify. "HYDRA used to be my people."

Sam scoffs. "Not a chance."

"Walker doesn't have any leads," I reason.

"I know where you're going with this," Sam argues. "No."

"Where is he going with this?" Y/n asks. "What are you two talking about?"

"He knows all of HYDRA's secrets," I reason with Sam. "Don't you remember Siberia?"

"Who are you talking about?" Y/n questions, trying again to get our attention. "What happened in Siberia?"

"So, you're just gonna go sit in a room with this guy?" Sam asks me.

I hesitate for a moment. "Yes."

"Are you two going to fill me in?" Y/n demands. "Or am I just going to have to wait until we get there to find out? Who are we going to see?"

Sam sighs in acceptance, finally turning to Y/n. "We're gonna go see Zemo."

"Zemo?" Y/n asks. "Who the hell is Zemo?"