𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝑻𝒆𝒏

"You can't get rid of me now," I say playfully

Eddie laughs. "Well, shit. Good thing that was never my plan."

His smile warms my heart. He pulls me into his arms and falls back on the bed. He kisses my head and I melt against him.

"Me and you, baby." He says softly.

I rest my chin on his chest and look at him. "Me and you," I whisper.

"I'm going to kiss you now and I don't want to hear about how I might get sick." He gently grabs my face. "Because I don't care." And he kisses me.

His lips seal our deal, us against the world. This is it. Nothing can break us. There is something so comforting knowing the person you so deeply love feels the same way. Together or apart we will always be tied together, and I know that because even when we were apart I always felt that invisible thread between us.

He rests his head back on the pillow and looks at me. He brushes the hair from my face and tucks it behind my ear. I stare at him and admire his sweet face. My eyes start feeling heavy and the familiar feeling of my medication washes over me, I fight it.

Eddie must notice because he laughs softly. "Don't worry, I'll be here tomorrow. You can stare at me all day if you want." He smirks.

"But I want to look at you right now." I pout, trying to keep my eyes open.

He shakes his head and smiles. "How about I meet you in your dreams? Problem solved."

I finally close my eyes and I smile because it feels good to give into the feeling and not fight it. I rest my head on Eddie's chest.

Eddie shifts a little and then I hear the sound of the lamp being turned off. He wraps his arms around me. "Goodnight, my love." He whispers as he rubs my back softly.

and just like that, I fall asleep.

Emily stares at me as I finish telling her about last night and the news that I'll be leaving for three months

"So, wait. You're going to put your notice in and no longer work at the salon?" She asks.