𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝑬𝒍𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒏

It's eleven thirty and I've been waiting on the couch since the show ended

It's eleven thirty and I've been waiting on the couch since the show ended. Emily sat with me for a while but she's working tomorrow morning, so she went to bed.

I'm laying here as I repeat Eddie's words in my mind over and over. He's been in love with me since he was nineteen. He wants to marry me someday.

I smile and kick my feet as if it's the beginning stages of a crush. I still feel like I did six years ago, completely giddy and smitten.

I wonder when he fell in love with me. Can he recall it? Was there an exact moment? Or did he not realize it until my absence? My mind is racing more and more as I sit here and wait.

The doorknob of our apartment jiggles and I jump up. I'm glad I gave Eddie a key so I can surprise him when he walks in.

The door opens and Eddie walks inside the apartment. I run the last few feet separating us and I jump in his arms. He grabs me as I wrap my legs around his waist.

He laughs, but I cover his mouth with my hand. "Shh, Emily is asleep." I lean down and replace my hand over his face with my lips. He smells so good. It hasn't been a whole day since I saw him last and it feels like an eternity.

He walks us to the bedroom as I continue kissing him. I'm thankful that I'm feeling better, even though Eddie wouldn't care if I was sick or not.

He kicks my bedroom door shut with his foot. He falls onto the bed and catches himself before he crushes me with his body. I lay on my back and look up at him.

"So, you want to marry me?" I giggle.

He drops his head on my chest and laughs. I run my hands through his hair. "You said there is no doubt in your mind." I tease him.

He lifts his head and gazes down at me. "There isn't." My stomach flutters. "Is that something you'd want someday?" He asks.

My breath catches. "Yes." I breathe.

Of course, it is.

He smiles and kisses me. "I love you." He says against my lips. I taste the words on his tongue and pull him into me.

"I love you." I wrap myself around him tightly. "Wait, that wasn't you asking me, was it?" I say looking at him.

He laughs. "Trust me, you'll know when I ask you."

"Promise me it won't be in front of a crowd or a grand gesture? I want it to be special and only for us to enjoy." I whisper.

He stares at me with a soft smile on his face. "I promise."

I smile and stare into those sweet eyes that are staring back at me. My chest burns with the questions lingering on my tongue. "When did you know?" I take a breath. "When did you know you loved me?"

I instantly feel small under his stare. The question sounds silly out loud. He falls onto the bed beside me.

He runs a hand through his hair before putting his arm behind his head. He stares at the ceiling as he thinks.