Chapter 13 - Old Friends, New Friends and A Second Family

Storm's POV

When Indigo arrived I went to greet her and brought her back to the table I was sat at. "It's so nice to see you! And look at your hair it's amazing!" I said as Indigo and I hugged one another. I pulled my camera back out from my bag and turned it on, the camera facing myself. "So guys I'm in town and my friend Indigo just arrived!" I said pointing the camera in her face. She jumped back in shock, but then not wanting to act the fool, she acted like she was meant to do that and talked to the camera. "Hey guys! I've just moved from North Yorkshire! Storm and I have been together pretty much forever, so yeah." I laughed and pointed the camera at the table where our food and drinks sat.

"This is what we've ordered; I have to admit the cakes here look quite cute." Indigo laughed, making some joke about how cakes can't be cute, so I pointed the camera back towards her and she stuck her tongue out at me. I laughed again before turning the camera off so I could film our walk on the beach later.

Now we weren't on camera, the pair of us calmed down and had a proper conversation.
"So what's it like down here then? I hear you've gotten quite popular on YouTube too!" Indigo said through a mouthful of cake.

"It's alright actually plus lots of YouTubers live in the area, but on more serious matters. Do you remember what I said to you about my powers?" I asked, quietening my voice a little. She nodded as if to say carry on. "Well, Tess and I found our brother. And the thing is I'm half magic half human, like my brother but Tess, on the other hand, is pure human blood. That's why she got the power of flux." Indigo looked at me amazed before saying, "that's amazing Storm! So do you know what happened when you were younger now then?" I nodded, "that's great! So who's your brother then?" She asked me.

I remembered that just like me, Indigo was one of the biggest Hat Films fangirls in the world. This was going to go great. "I don't think you'd believe me if I told you," I stalled. She wasn't happy. "C'mon c'mon tell meee" she nagged. "Ok ok, I'll tell you..." I said, pausing to stall a little more. "Go on tell me then!" Indigo replied, a little annoyed this time. "It's Alex Smith from Hat Films," I mumbled.

Her face went from a just surprised one to an OMG are you serious face. "No way did I just hear what I think you said!!!" She said almost too loudly. I looked around to see people looking at us... "Indigo! Shhh, people are staring at us! And yes you heard me right, he's my brother," she smiled, and said, "so when do I get to see him?"

"Never," I replied, remembering her massive crush on him. She let out a whine when I said that, and she put on her puppy dog eyes to try and persuade me, unfortunately, I fell for them and told her she could meet him when we went back to the apartment if he was there. "Thank you," she whispered as we left the cafe. We carried on walking through the town, I pulled my camera back out as we arrived at the beach, the sun was setting and the view was amazing, there was no better time to vlog than this.

"Hey guys I'm now at the beach and Indigo is still here with me. I just had to show you this sunset, it's beautiful" I said, turning the camera around so it was looking at the view. Indigo went and stood under the sun trying to make it look like she was holding it. I laughed at her and she laughed too as she failed many times to get in the right position, the vlog was still recording all this as well.

*time skip- Storm ends the vlog and goes home*

It was 8:30 pm by the time we went back to the apartment and Tess was already asleep in bed, so I offered for Indigo to sleep over then I would go back with her, to help her unpack. She smiled and thanked me as she lay on the sofa, she was fangirling over the fact she was best friends with her crush's sister. I laughed and decided to tease her, "you know Smith slept on the sofa while he stayed here, and your sleeping there tonight."