Chapter 30 - Home Sweet Home

Ross' POV
We shouted to the girls as we watched them walk away. "Trott mate we need to break that door down," I said. He looked at me as if I was crazy. 

"Ross she locked it with magic, Storm's magic is really strong when she's like that," Trott replied. Well, I guess we would have to wait. Trott kept pushing at the door when we suddenly heard a click. 

"Try the door again?" I said motioning to it to Trott. Trott turned the handle which had now turned perfectly and the door opened like normal. 

"Finally now let's go find the girls!" Trott said as we ran past the startled yogs down the corridor and outside. We tried calling them but they wouldn't pick up. I didn't think they would anyway but it was worth a try.

First, we went to Smith's apartment. It was locked but luckily we'd been given the hiding place of the spare key. We allowed ourselves in after finding the key and saw a map laid out on the table. The park in the middle of town had been circled in a thick black marker pen. "They must've gone here," I said pointing at the map. Trott was quick to agree and we set off making sure to lock the door and hide the spare key again. As we drove through town I felt a cold chill down my spine. "Did you feel that?" Trott asked as we got out of the car and crossed the road. 

"Yeah I did, do you think that-?" 

"Yeah, I do. We need to hurry." 

Our slow pace turned into a fast walk which then turned into a jog as we searched through the park for them. "Where could they be!" Trott exclaimed gripping his head in his hands. We sat at a park bench to regather our thoughts and go over the situation. So Smith had been captured by the evil magic guy. The girls went to get the evil magic guy. The evil magic guy is near the park. But he's also got Smith tied up somewhere probably. So where could he be? I began to scan the area for any buildings nearby. To my surprise, there was a small management building located on the far corner of the park. "Trott I know where we need to go, follow me quickly!" I said, getting up and dragging a startled Trott after me.

I reached the small hut and opened the door quietly to avoid causing any commotion from the public. We stepped inside and closed the door shut. A faint glimmer of light led the way down some steps. I pulled out my phone and turned on the torch to light the way. "C'mon let's go" I said, as we walked down the rusty steps descending into the darkness. We stayed alert as we ventured on, we expected magic and let's just say we kinda had no power against it.

Tess' POV
Storm and I knew exactly where Smith was, we crept slowly towards the chamber where he was being kept. We agreed on no telepathy as Jet could probably hear that better than actually speaking. "What's the plan?" I whispered to Storm. 

"I distract Jet, you save Smith," she replied quietly. 

"But Storm!" I whispered back. 

She was risking her life I couldn't let her do that. That's when I remembered the small rocks I had taken from Smith's. Apparently our gem makes our powers stronger if a real one is present. I passed her the small piece of Amber and she stared at me and smiled. I pocketed the Amethyst as Storm pocketed the Amber and we put the plan into action. To our surprise Jet wasn't around. I went to Smith while Storm kept guard. 

"Guys don't you need to leave!" Smith begged. 

"We're not leaving you Smith" I replied as I tried to disable the magic forcefield around him. 

"Just go he knows you're here!" Smith shouted.

"What?!" 

"Tess look out!" Storm screamed. I blacked out to watch my sister take the hit of a dark red bullet.