𝖔𝖓𝖊

••word count - 1509••

word count - 1509

As I finish my homework assignments for the night, my headphones rest on my ears. School was stressing me out way too much. It was exhausting, and I just wanted to go to bed.

It felt so suffocating, and working on top of that made me want to scream.

A cold breeze fell through my window as I held my cigarette. September has been very chilly this time of year, but it was nice.

I sigh, putting the bud in the ashtray before going through all my papers. I stuck them all in the folder before sliding off my bed. As I take my headphones off, a yawn escapes my lips, seeing how late it is.

1:30

Making my way out of my room, I walk to Max's room to check on her. She's been sick for a couple of days, and lord knows moms not gonna take care of her. I open her door lightly, seeing her sound asleep.

Our mom was never home, so it was a responsibility I had to take. Taking care of Max was my priority. She came to school with me, and I always bought her the stuff she needed. I walked over, resting my hand on her head to see if she was still feeling warm.

I made my way out of her room and slowly closed her door before entering the kitchen. I look over on the couch to see my mom passed out with beer cans all around her. I shook my head and went over to pick them up off the table and floor.

As I throw them in the trash, I instantly drop some, hearing a guitar starting to be played.

"This fucking prick," I clench my jaw, bending down to pick up the cans that fell. I quickly make my way out of the trailer, going to the other one across the way. I run a hand through my hair before knocking on the door.

Guitar sounds are still heard as he didn't hear me. I start to bang on the door at this point till he stops. I finally hear the playing stop, waiting for the door to open.

When it does, I cross my arms, seeing Eddie Munson standing there with a joint in his mouth in nothing but sweats.

I could throw up.

Eddie Munson, yes. The one person in the whole world I hated the most.

He just had to do this every night. It was always music blasting, or it was his guitar. Even when he came home in the middle of the night, he drove like a manic for the whole neighborhood to hear.

My eyes stared into Eddie as he stared at me with an annoyed expression. "oh, it's just you," He rolled his eyes, resting his hand on the door.

"do you mind? People you know have jobs in the morning" I tilt my head to the side, staring at him. A chuckle leaves his mouth as he looks at me. " I don't fucking care."

I glare at him as he blows his smoke in my face and I start to cough. "can you just please be quiet?". Eddie puts his hand to his face looking deep into thought.