04

The boys were right, the bar did have a very hipster atmosphere. I would never be able to perform in front of these people. They were all talking in judgmental tones about things that made them sound like grown ups and not undergraduate art students. I tried smiling at a girl sitting at a table next to me only to have her look me up and down and then scoff. I guess I was dressed in the wrong way or maybe kindness just isn't accepted in America's society anymore.

When the band came out I started clapping and cheering them on until I abruptly stopped since everyone in the bar turned to glare at me. I met eyes with Calum and the both of us giggled as I sat back in my chair.

"Hello everyone! We're 5 Seconds of Summer and we'll be playing some covers for you tonight," Luke greeted the crowd, catching the eye of a girl close to the stage and winking at her.

They played beautifully. Their talent was out of this world and I could have never imagined that they would be playing in a little bar like this one. They should be playing stadiums for gods sake! They played covers of indie songs like Kiss Me by Sixpence None the Richer, oldies like What I Like About You, and even some punk like I Miss You by Blink 182. All the covers they played had a more chill vibe to them for the audience's preference which I thought was amazing that they could accomplish that. Towards the end of their set, Calum called attention to the audience.

"This song is for a girl here tonight that I feel like I've been chasing forever. I don't know if I've caught her yet but I'm working on it... maybe this will help," Calum said before turning his head to me and smiling shyly.

I was completely shocked. He was dedicating a song to me? I couldn't believe it.

"Ever since the day that we met
I couldn't get you out of my head
There was always something about you"

His voice made my heart do that fluttery thing it had done earlier and I never wanted it to leave. As I listened to the song, I couldn't keep my eyes off of him.

"Wanted to tell you
What I feel inside
Don't wanna hurt you
I'll make you feel alright"

He looked down and smiled at me and all I could think about is how much I would love to run up on that stage and connect my lips with his.

"'Cause I'm always too late
(I'm always too late)
Don't wanna be too late
(Waiting for you babe)
To see you by my side and I can't wait
'Cause never is too late"

As the band exited the stage, the whole bar clapped for them and I could tell that this group of snobby kids would go home happy.

I jumped out of my seat, running to the back room to find the band. I ran through the door that I saw them go through earlier to find them all giving high-fives.

"We fucking nailed it!" Michael laughed joyously. Their laughter soon died when they saw me standing in the doorway.

"You guys were amazing!" I yelled only to be enveloped in a group hug.

"Were we really that good?" Luke asked nervously.

"Yes! The best!" I laughed, giving him a squeeze on the cheek just to be annoying.
Michael, Ashton, and Luke all chuckled before walking over to the beat up couch in the room and falling on top of it.

I turned towards Calum, who stood beside me awkwardly. I knew he was waiting for a reaction to the song he dedicated to me. I gently leaned up before whispering in his ear.

"You're not too late," I gently kissed his blushing cheek. As Calum and I stood there, his chocolate eyes gazing into my emerald ones, I realized that I really liked this boy. That scared the shit out of me.

An hour later, the boys and I were in a very rowdy club with tons of underaged kids being served drinks as if they were of age - including us. I was planning not to drink much because of how much I drank last night but that all changed when the boys ordered a round of shots. Soon enough, I was being pressured into doing body shots with Calum. Calum was pretending not to be into it but I could tell he was.

"C'mon Emma! Live a little!" That word again. Maybe everyone was right. I did need to live.

I leant against the bar as a shot of tequila was prepared for Calum. Michael put the salt on my stomach and placed a lime in my mouth. I was starting to feel nervous when the shot was handed to Calum. Random people were cheering us on and our friends were taking pictures and videos of us. I made eye contact with Calum and I nodded telling him to do it.

Calum threw the liquor down his throat before licking all the salt up from my stomach. The feeling I endured from his action was indescribable, something I'd never experienced before. It wasn't just the feeling of his tongue on my skin but how gentle he was and how private the moment felt; like it was just meant for the two of us. He hesitated when it was time to grab the lime from my mouth.

"Just do it! Don't be a pussy!"

This fueled Calum to pull my body up against his and take the lime from my mouth. His eyes burnt into mine as he sucked all the juice from the lime and gently pulled it out of his mouth. He set the lime on the bar, never taking his eyes off mine.

"Let's get out of here," Calum said, his voice hoarse. I simply nodded my head and followed him out of the bar.

Once the door to Calum's apartment was shut and locked, he shoved me up against the wall. His lips were locked on my neck and my hands found their way into his blonde and brown hair as I moaned. As I brought his lips to mine in a feverish kiss, he lifted my legs up so he could carry me to his bedroom. I was thrown into his bed so he could take off his shirt and I could take off my jeans. He crawled on the bed and hovered above me, tucking a strand of hair behind my ear. My hands roamed his fit body and I think we both came to our senses as we took a minute to breathe.

"We need to stop don't we?" I asked in a hushed tone.

"Yeah," Calum sighed and started to leave the bed before I grabbed his arm, stopping him.

"Wait," I said almost desperately.

I pulled Calum to me and attached my lips to his. Even if we were taking this too fast, I didn't care. I didn't care if we had sex or not. I just cared that I was with him and he knew that I wanted to be.

So we stayed like that for the rest of the night. My lips on his full ones, our bodies wrapped around each other. I had felt so lonely in the big city but with him, I felt whole.

When we grew tired and stopped kissing, I whispered in his ear, "Definitely not too late," and kissed his lips one last time. I fell asleep in his warm arms, praying that this feeling would never leave.