Chapter 1

Alan's pov

"Happy birthday to you," Tino says as I blow out my candle on my cupcake.

"How does it feel to be 18?" He said.

"The same as when I was 17," I said.

Today is my 18th birthday. I am celebrating it with my best friend Tino. I don't live with my parents because they kicked me out. Now I live with Tino. We are currently in the living room celebrating.

"Present time," he said.

"I told you not to get me anything," I yelled as he ran upstairs.

A few seconds later he came running down the stairs with my presents.

"Happy birthday man," he said.

I opened the presents. He got me a guitar, guitar strap, picks, and an amp.

"I love my presents. They must have cost a fortune.," I said.

"It was worth every penny. Don't worry about the price. Plus you are getting another gift," he said.

"No, this is enough. No more," I said.

"You are going to accept my present. Since tomorrow is Saturday we are going to get you a tattoo," he said.

"Really??" I said.

"You do have to do something though," he said.

"Anything," I said.

"Tonight you have to pick out what tattoo you want and call up the tattoo shop and ask about pricing,"he said," can you do that."

"Of course," I said smiling.

For the rest of the night I was searching the internet for something to get for my first tattoo. I wanted it to be a symbol. I wanted it to represent something.

After 3 hours of searching I have finally found what I want to get. I am going to get a rose on my arm that says let it go and let live again by the stem. It's 8pm right now. I got up and grab the number for the tattoo place Tino left on the kitchen table. I call them up.

*Ring*ring*ring*

"Inked up Tattoo Parlor. Austin speaking. How may I help you?" They said.

"Yes I was wondering if I needed an appointment to get a price on a tattoo I want to get," I said.

"Yes, you do need an appointment. Would you like to schedule an appointment?" He said.

"Yes, please," I said.

"Okay. How about tomorrow at 9am?" He said.

"That would be great. I was also wondering, do you have any openings for me to get a tattoo tomorrow after I get the price?" I said.

"Let me check one second," he said.

Hopefully they have an opening tomorrow. Tino will be disappointed if we can't get my tattoo this weekend.

"Yes. We have an opening tomorrow at 6pm. Would that be okay?" He said.

"That's perfect,"I said.

"Ok. All I need is your name and phone number," he said.

"My name is Alan Ashby. My phone number is 637-287-2784." I said.

"Ok thank you. See you tomorrow. Have a good night," he said.

"You, too," I said.

I can't wait to get my tattoo tomorrow. I print the picture off really quick and set it on my night stand. I start getting tired so I throw on some sweatpants and take off my shirt.

I fell asleep as soon as my head hit the pillow.