A Peacefull Cave, with a unexpected guest

CHARCTERS: 

-Hellion warden  
-A small pero

The hellion was sitting peacefully by the rushing water, closing its eyes and admiring this rare opportunity of a finally relaxing moment. Kemoti's and pero's and other small birds were peacefully chirping outside of the redwoods after it stopped raining awhile ago. Small creatures we're wandering outside their hideouts, scavenging for leftover food since most predators were hidden in their shelters, not wanting to get their feet wet since many carnivores disliked the rain. And the hellion warden was one of them, of course.  

The hellion was sitting on the smoothened cold floor located in the redwood's cave. The amber cave, as the hellion warden called it because of the beatiful orange crystals in the cave. The crystals peacefully illuminated the whole cave with a soft orange glow. The hellion's tail was curled up to a perfect spiral with it's tail jaw laid beside it, the tail's flying particles now resting on top of its hard armor-like scales covering the hellion's tail and it's entire body. Its tail-jaws we're slightly left open, twitching up, closing and opening down from time to time. The warden's big paws remained laid on the smooth rock, resting after long shifts of night hunting for food. Suddendly, the hellion heard small quiet footsteps in the distance, slowly getting progressivly closer and louder. The hellion opened it's eyes, to see a small white creature soaked wet and water dripping off its feathers. The small creature shook itself, splashing small droplets of water across the cave. The hellion sat perfectly still, observing this small creature wich just entered it's cave, not wanting to scare it off. 

Has this small critter not notice this giant creature in middle of the cave? How has it not seen me? How it it not scared? The hellion's mind immediatly started to swarm with questions, while watching the small creature hop around on it's two small thin leg's up to the small water-pool wich was located in the cave. The small bird ducked down for a sip, allowing the hellion to see its small illuminating white bulbs attached the small thin strings with sprung from it's back. It seemed to be a young pero, which most likely didn't find a shelter in time and ended up being wet from the rain, being unable to fly, The hellion guessed assuming by its wet feathers. It sureis lucky none of the carnivores saw it yet, because-
The pero's feathers suddendly poofed up, as if it felt the hellion just thinking about it and quickly turned around in a sudden movement to looked directly at hellion. Hellion flinched in surprise, not expecting the pero to suddendly turn around in such a quick motion. 

Though the hellion knew it would probably run away like most of the smaller creatures do upon seeing this big beast, who wouldn't be afraid of such a big "Monster" wich the small creatures called it? It's thoughts were suddendly interrupted by a a soft, almost tickling feeling irritating on one of its rear paws, looked down slowly to see the pero has snuggled to it and now was resting right beside the hellions big paws. The hellion was shocked to see the pero reacted this way, defintely not expecting this reaction from this just small, almost defenceless creature. The hellion then glaced around the cave, looking around just in case there weren't any carnivores waiting to ambush from behind a corner to harm the pero, then turning it's gaze back to the now poofed up pero with it's head under it's wing, napping beside the hellion's huge paws, showing how small and fragile this creature was compared to the beast. The hellion was amazed by this unexpected scene. The hellion fixed it's gaze on the small waterfall wich was rushing down the rock into the pool of water, before closing pitch dark eyes and letting itself doze off by the waterfull and the song birds chirping outside the cave. 
''Sleep well little buddy.'' 
The hellion thought and smiled for itself, before drifting back to it's shallow state of sleeping.