Chapter Six

A new week started, bright and early on a cold Monday morning. Still, I hadn't heard from Jaheim and it was okay. It was. He must have felt some type of way or he just didn't get what he wanted from me. Guess he just shot right up to the rest of the masses, the type of guys who just want intangible one-night stands and disappear the very next morning, just fell right in with the crowd. To think, I was doubting myself and regretting pushing him away that night. now I'm glad I didn't.

I stepped through the glass doors of BCA Legal and waved at Miss Jensen on my way past her. Shanna accosted me on my way to the breakroom. ''Can I help you?''

''You sure do ask that question a lot these days. I heard our conversation with the new guy.'' she winced, ''if you can even call it that because you were so mean to him.'' she pouted.

''Shanna, I haven't had my coffee.'' I smiled tightly and tried to sidestep her, but she stepped in front of me again. I sighed, ''what do you want? I whined.

'' Don't bite my head off,'' she held up her palms, she opened her mouth to say something but someone called her name from the office. ''I'll get out of your hair, but I'm watching you.'' She narrowed her eyes at me and walked away. I rolled my eyes and opened the door to the breakroom. I made a straight beeline to the coffee pot, taking full advantage of the empty room. Thankfully, not everyone flocked to the kitchen or made a habit out of meandering in the room. I grabbed a cup from the cupboard and rinsed it. Right after pouring the decadent brew, I whirled around at the same time the door opened and Kellan entered the breakroom. I bit back my annoyance and took a deep breath.

'' Good morning to you too, Sanna.'' he shot me a conspiratorial grin, stopping right in front of the door, blocking my only exit.

I purposely ignored that he called me by my name. I smiled tightly, squeezing the cup in my hands, ''Morning,'' I murmured. ''You're standing in front of the door.'' I nodded my head to the door.

He smirked and shoved his hands in his pockets, not moving. ''Are you always this grumpy?"

''Are you always trying to get on my nerves?''

''You haven't answered my question...'' He smirked and subtly grinned, he adjusted his tie. I tilted my head to the side and placed the cup on the table. It was starting to burn my hands.

''I don't owe you anything.'' I sighed in a softer tone. ''If you could please just move out of the way so I can get to my desk.'' I pleaded

Kellan pulled his lower lip into his mouth and stepped to the side, ''Nice to see that you can be nice.'' I took my cup by the handle and walked out of the breakroom, see you around, Sanna" he said after me.

The day came ad passed, later in the evening, I met up with Vic, Rhea, and Sue in a restaurant upstate. over three bottles of wine, we caught up on the week's events. Rhea had just finished a rant and a moment of silence passed while the waiter cleared our plates off the table. ''Sanna went on a date with that guy from Shelly's set.'' Vicky piped up. gasps from rhea and sue sounded around the table. I slid a sharp glare at Vicky. Shit.

I cleared my throat. ''Alrighty then...'' Rhea exhaled deeply. ''so what happened on the date?''

I puffed out my cheeks and leaned back on the chair. ''I really don't want to get into it right now...'' I sighed. Sue pouted and took my hand in hers, she gave it a reassuring squeeze before she let go. Sue was definitely the most understanding out of the lot.

''Don't be like that, Sanna,'' rhea pouted and gave me a playful shove, ''come on,''

'' I shook my head, ''she probably doesn't want to go into it because he hasn't called her since that night.'' Vicky imparted. my annoyance flared. I didn't appreciate her putting my business out there like that, as much as the girls were going to get the news sometime, maybe later, just not now. especially when it's still fresh and my emotions were high.