17

Hours later, you kept yourself awake for the sake of Yuta. There's no way in hell you're going to pass out in this unfamiliar place and the damn kid. You couldn't believe he's helping you when you asked. It could be the fact he didn't want to die in your hands but he's playing his card well.

"Mmm..." Your ears perked up as you quickly stood on your feet to look at Yuta. Hearing him mumble and groan caused your heart to race in relief.

"Thank goodness you're alive!" You whispered with a smile drawing on your lips. "I wouldn't know what to do if you didn't regain consciousness," you didn't want to think about that scenario as it produced fear to sink your chest into oblivion. Not only because he's your bodyguard but because who would know how long it would take for him to wake up.

Your hand gravitated towards his cheek, wondering if you could feel his warmth. You needed to know if he was alive through his body temperature. If he's too hot: he has a fever; if he's too cold: he could be dying or something; but if he's just right: he's fine, he will survive. That's how you're going to base his temperature off from that made up scale.

You cupped his chiseled cheek which still had his baby fat so it wasn't completely skin tight. His face was very soft like a cloud, too soft for your liking because it made you a bit jealous. You had coarse skin to the touch from your past. There's no way to reverse it if you could.

Dang it y/n! Get back to the real reason why I'm touching his face! You snapped out of your trailing thoughts and resumed your business.

You focused on his temperature and it was in between the scale so he was fine.

Before you took your hand off him, you were caught red handed as Yuta's eyes flickered open. He stared straight into your dark circled eyes. You were alarmed by his awakening and hastily ripped your hand away, but he caught it and pulled you closer to his face where foreheads were touching. He didn't let go of you as you could feel his breath bouncing off the lower half of your face, and it sent shivers down your spine.

"Yuta...?" You mumbled his name in hopes he wasn't losing it.

His eyes seemed disoriented as if he wasn't sure if he's alive or dead. Suddenly, his free hand, which wasn't holding your hand, traveled up to the base of your head as his fingers scrunched your hair into his palm. He wanted to feel if you were real. Yuta needed to see if you were a ghost that's haunting him because hearing your voice made him feel as if it was a lie.

"Umm... Yuta...?!" Your voice squealed in embarrassment as you turned feverish from being this close to him. You could hear your heart thumping all the way to your ears. It rang so loud you could go deaf.

"Are... Are you real? Or am I—"

You cut him off mid-sentence so he could let you go because you don't want to be in this position any longer. If that kid caught you two, you're gonna hear so much from him and it's not a good idea for Yuta to find out what happened. It would be nice to tell him once he's recovered instead of being hazy and tired to comprehend. "Yes, I'm real so let go of me!!" You sped up your words to where Yuta blinked a couple of times for his brain to register it all. It was way too early in the morning to think hard about speech.

"What...?" Yuta mumbled, turning his head to the side as he still glanced at you with his pretty eyes.

Then you worst nightmare came to life,

"Eww! Get a room! Doing this in front of a kid?!!! Disgusting!" The boy yelled in repulse, and you pulled back from Yuta to glare at the kid.

"Boy, who told you to walk in on us knowing there's no walls to divide us?!! It's not our fault!" You retorted in agitation as it showed on your face.