Loading the Dex... You got a floating tablet, I got a robot dog.

The camera opens up, showing Kukui handing Ash a weird looking red tablet. Ash looks at it excited, while Y/N is confused.

Kukui: Now, let's activate the Pokedex.

Y/N: I hate to burst your bubble, but that's a tablet.

Kukui: Trust me, it's a Pokedex.

Y/N: Why is it that big. Do you know how awkward it's going to be to have to carry a tablet everywhere?

Kukui: Once we active it, you won't have too.

Y/N: Huh?

Snall timeskip

The camera shows Kukui working on a computer. Ash and Y/N stand behind him. Pikachu stands on Ashes shoulder, while Yveltal stays in his PokeBall.

Kukui: Perfect, where all connected.

After he says this, electricity comes out of the lights. The lights flicker, as everything seems to spark.

Y/N: Is something about to explode?

Ash: Uhhh.

Kukui: Here they come.

Y/N: Who are they?

Beeps are heard, as Y/N feels something touch his fiot. He looks down, seeing Rockruff rubbing against him in fear. Y/N picks him up, and and pets him.

Ash: What's going on?

Kukui: Just watch and you'll see.

Out of a charging port, two Rotom's flies out. Ash falls on the ground, as Y/N just stands there.

Y/N: Rotom's?

They both fly around the room, as everyone watches.

Kukui: Now we just have to wait for the Rotom's to go inside.

Ash: Go inside?

Y/N: The Pokedex? Then where does the other one go?

Kukui doesn't answer, as one of the Rotom's fly's inside the tablet. Ash looks at the tablet, as Y/N watches the other one.

Ash: Is Rotom, in there?

He inspects the tablet, as the other Rotom goes inside a box.

Y/N: ... Did it just take over a box?

Kukui: No. But it did take over what's in the box.

Y/N: Can I open it?

Kukui: Go right ahead.

Y/N walks over to the box, pulling out his knife.

Y/N: Can I open it with a knife, or is this a no sharp objects thing?

Kukui: As long as you're careful.

Y/N starts opening the box, only to hear Ash yell in surprise. He turns around, and sees the table flying.

Y/N: What in the name of Arceus is that?

Ash: The Pokedex is Rotom and the Rotom is the Pokedex.

The tablet Rotom starts looking at everyone. Ash says hello, and Pikachu does the same. Y/N just waves a hello, before turning back to the box.

Rotom: Language selection complete.

Ash: Woah! Rotom just talked!

Y/N slice's the top of the box, and opens it. He immediately sees a bunch pink foam ball things. (I don't know what they're called)

Y/N: Let me guess. The Rotom is going to jump out of this box, and scare me?

Instead of junping out, the figure rises out of the box.