Next day at school

Laura's POV

I woke up on my bed I yawned and took a shower and when I came out I dried myself and changed into a pair of dark blue jeans with a pair of black trainers and for a top I wore a white long sleeved top with flowers in the corner I grabbed a hoodie and stuffed it into my bag and then I walked downstairs and brushed my hair which is straight I sighed and picked up my bag and phone then I walked out of the house.

My aunt was nowhere to be seen so I am guessing she is either out with a friend or she is at a bar anyway I made my way to school.

*At school*

I got to the front of the school and I saw Ross he was waiting for me he saw me and smiled.

Ross: I thought you weren't coming in today

Laura: I'm here

Ross: shall we go into the school?

Laura: you want to walk into the school with me?

Ross: yeah because you are my best friend

Laura: really?

Ross: yeah

Laura: *smiles*

Ross is really sweet and I can't believe he wants to be my best friend.

Ross: so do you say shall we walk into the school?

Laura: yeah

Ross: let's go

I smiled and we both walked inside the school but when we got inside we got a lot of stares which I didn't like so I nudged Ross and he looked at me.

Ross: what's wrong?

Laura: I don't like the stares so I'm gonna go I'll see you in tutor or at lunch

Ross: I'll come with you we can go to our corridor

Laura: okay

We went to our corridor but I heard girls making comments to each other like "why is Ross with her", "she's a freak", "Ross deserves better than her", "are they dating" I hate this school but it's a good job no one knows about my home life.

We got to our corridor and we sat on some boxes and Ross smiled at me.

Ross: I don't like them talking or staring either

Laura: why? You're mr popular

Ross: it's not what it cracks up to be

Laura: by that you mean?

Ross: I get followed and I just want to come to school and learn I don't care about status in school to me it's pathetic who cares if someone is smart or if someone doesn't want to go to class people shouldn't get picked on for who they want to be.

Laura: you're right but people in this school won't change and never won't listen

Ross: you're right

Laura: *smiles*

Ross: you'll have to block out their comments I could tell that they were getting to you a little

Laura: oh umm it's okay I'm used to it

Ross: but you shouldn't be used to it Laura

Laura: I guess that's just how this school is run

Ross: *nods*

We carried on talking about anything that came to our minds and we laughed a bit too and Ross tried to make me laugh but I wouldn't budge.

Ross: I will admit you're a tough cookie to break unlike my brother

Laura: you have a brother?

Ross: yeah I have 3 brothers and 1 sister

Laura: I feel so sorry for your sister

Ross: hey I'm not that bad

Laura: *giggles*

Ross: got you to laugh

Laura: *rolls eyes*

Ross carried on telling me about his siblings and the things they get up to it's interesting and funny I had to smile at some of the antics that they get up to. I wish that my sister would come back and save me from the hell that I am in now but I know that she won't because I don't have her number.

Ross: you okay Laura?

Laura: yeah I am fine

Ross: okay well the bell is about to go so do you want to make our way to tutor before anyone else?

Laura: sure

We walked to our tutor room and we were the first ones there as we guessed and we saw the teacher sorting stuff out and she smiled and let us sit in our spots which are right next to each other.

Then the rest of the tutor came in and the teacher took the register and then the bell rang so the day can begin.

Ross: what do you have first?

Laura: maths

Ross: I have English

Laura: then I have science

Ross: same so I'll see you in science

Laura: okay

Ross walked away to English I sighed and headed to maths I want to tell Ross but I don't know if he could handle it well he might do something silly to help me I don't know I just want to get to know him a bit better before I do tell or if he finds out.

End of POV

Ross's POV

I got to English and on my way there I kept thinking about how Laura was she seemed a bit out of it today like something is bothering her I hope she tells me soon so I can help her I mean we are best friends but maybe she doesn't trust me as much because I'm a popular and she got bullied by the popular girls which I can understand.

I didn't focus in English because everytime I tried my mind would drift back to Laura and if she is okay.

End of POV