Chapter six

Jakes pov

I am so exhausted.

The first thing I do when I get home is fall onto my bed.

Vampires? Vampires aren't real! Is this a dream?

I'm a what? A reader?

They need me. That's what this is about! They need me to...change into one of them.

They told me marks dad is also a vampire and that's why there is no record of him.

My head was throbbing from when I fainted.

Why me? This is bull shit! Well I suppose they all went through this aswell other wise we wouldn't be here right now.

*ring*

The door bell ringing wakes me up. I was asleep?

I sat up in my bed and ran my hand through my hair.

"Are you ok?" I heard marks voice. What the fuck? Oh yeah the mind thing.

"I'm fine, come in" I answered him in my head.

Within seconds my bedroom bursts open to reveal a very worried mark.

"Why didn't you answer your phone?" He demands. Wow chill out.

"No I won't" he pouts.

"Stay out of my head!" I moan.

"No way" he laughed "why didn't you answer your phone? I was worried about you"

"My phone didn't go" I yawned and reached over for my phone.

2 missed calls - Riley

4 missed calls - Abby

5 missed calls - Lyssa

13 missed calls - mark

And 34 text messages.

"Why are you most worried about me?" I asked him curiously, that question has been bothering me.

"Um... We have a connection, I can feel it" he rubbed his neck sheepishly.

"Really? Why?" I asked even more confused.

"I don't know jake. Are you coming down the stairs? I think they are raiding you fridge" he laughed and started walking away.

"Wait" I shouted, stopping him in his tracks.

"Yeah?"

"Will..um...does your father want me to change... Into you know... One if you?" I asked nervously. I don't know what I want the answer to be. He sighed and came and sat next to me on my bed.

"Jake, no mater what, this will always be your choice. We would never force you to do something you don't want to do. But yes, he wants to change you" he finished. He was trying to read my thoughts to see what I am thinking, I can feel it.

How do I feel about that? Do I want that? That would be cool! I would look hot as a vampire.

"You wish dude" mark laughed and pushed me "come on I'm hungry"

Shit don't they eat..

"Yes we can but choice not to" mark laughed.

"Get out of my head" I huff.

There is a sudden gust of wind and mark is gone. I sigh and run down the stairs to see what mess they are making.

"Abby what the hell?" I shouted once I got to the kitchen

"I'm making pancakes" she smiled, smoke everywhere. Lyssa, Riley and mark are all sitting, amused looks on there faces as they watch us argue.

"With what matches?" I asked sarcastically, picking up the frying pan and throwing it in the sink.

Open the window.

Mark stands up hearing me and opens all the windows in the kitchen.

Thanks.

He nods.

"I'm gonna hate you two being able to talk without us hearing" Lyssa sighed.

"Why?" I laughed.

"Because she's noisy - ow lys" Riley shouts as she pushes him from his chair.

"Please don't break my house my mum and dad will be pissed- hey where are they?" I realised they weren't in and it was night time. What time is it?

3 in the morning.

I smile at mark, this is cool.

"They had a business trip" Lyssa shrugged.

"Since when?" They didn't tell me.

"Since I convinced them" she said like it was the most obvious thing in the world. I frown. If its that easy then can she make me want to change without me knowing?

No, she would never do that. This is your choice jake. Marks speaks in my head.

Ok was all I said back to him.

"Ok, well why you guys ere at 3 in the morning?" I asked them.

"Because he was worried about you" Abby stated pointing her finger at mark. He just smiled sheepishly.

"Anyways... Bed time" mark declared.

"Wait! What? You guys sleep?" I asked them shocked.

"Don't believe everything you read in fairy tales jake" mark winked, walking past me.

We all decided to sleep in my room. I have my double be up for the girls to sleep in. The 3 of us slept in sleeping bags on the floor.

"Night guys" Abby chirped. God she is so happy even at half 3 in the morning. Mark laughed.

"Dude, why can't I hear what you are thinking all the time?" I asked him curious.

"Because I can choose what you hear. After you- sorry if you decide you want to be changed then I will teach you how to control it" mark told me yawning at the end.

Oh ok.

"Night" Lyssa yawned.

We all chorused a 'night'.

We are bad ass you know! No one knows what we say. I heard

mark say in my head.

We are pretty bad ass. I laughed in my head

Night jake. He thought

Night mark, oh and I wanna change. I thought.

--------------------------------------------------------------

A/N

Short one I know but what you gonna do? ;)

Hope everyone is enjoying it. Will sort out grammar soon.

Love use

Pingu :)