Prolouge II

┍━━━━━━━━━━━━┑
"𝙳𝚘 𝚈𝚘𝚞 𝚄𝚗𝚍𝚎𝚛𝚜𝚝𝚊𝚗𝚍"
𝟸𝟽𝟻 𝙰𝙲 - 𝙺𝚒𝚗𝚐'𝚜 𝙻𝚊𝚗𝚍𝚒𝚗𝚐
┕━━━━━━━━━━━━┙

     I KNEW WHAT WAS EXPECTED of me at a young age. My mother never shied away from the truth of my future, and because of that, I feel I was never truly scared of it.

     "Come here, my sweet girl," Rhaella called out as her only daughter appeared in the doorway. A slim fitting, blood red dress hung from her body, the skirt moving with her as she walked towards her mother, resting on the bench beside her.

     The older woman, currently heavily pregnant with her third babe, grasped Rhaenys' hands in her own, resting them in her lap as violet eyes met lilac.

     A gentle smile rested on the queen's lips. "You must know why I've asked for you," She said softly, rubbing her thumb against the back of the girl's hand.

     The girl of twelve name-days nodded. "Yes, mother." She said, her tone shy and as soft as the elder's. "I've had my moon blood."

     My mother always said it was a great thing to get your moon blood, but I knew she truly thought otherwise. She was worried for me; worried that I would be married far too young. As she had been.

     Rhaella could sense the nervousness in her daughter and was quick to reach a hand up, cupping her cheek. "It is nothing to be fearful of, darling. It just shows you are a woman now."

     "And I can have children now?"

     "Yes, but not for while longer."

     The woman's smile fell slightly, her hand dropping and returning to squeeze Rhaenys', and let out a soft sigh. Her tone turned serious, her eyes boring into her daughter's.

     "My darling, there is so much about the world that you are still quite too young to understand. But I have never kept you in the dark about your betrothal. You know that."

     Ever since I could understand what she had been telling me, my mother told me that Rhaegar and I would be wed, after I got my moon blood and my body filled out more. She never once lied to me.

    "You may not love Rhaegar like a wife should love her husband, but us women must understand our duties; to stand by our husbands and give them children. No matter the circumstances. Do you understand?"

     Rhaenys nodded once more. "Yes, mother."

     "Good," The queen sighed again, reaching her hand up and brushing a loose strand of her daughter's platinum hair behind her ear. "You won't be married for quite some time yet, but I can assure you, my darling, there is nothing to be nervous about.

     "Rhaegar loves you, and I know he will do nothing to harm you. There is not a thing that you should be concerned about."

     Not knowing then what I know now, I didn't realize that she had merely been trying to reassure herself. Remind her that Rhaegar was not like our father.

     "I know," The girl answered, a small smile gracing her features. "And I love him."

     "Good," The woman repeated, her smile matching hers. "That's good."

𝑊𝑒𝑙𝑐𝑜𝑚𝑒 𝑡𝑜 𝑉𝑖𝑟𝑎𝑔𝑜 (:
𝐼'𝑚 𝑛𝑜𝑡 𝑠𝑢𝑟𝑒 ℎ𝑜𝑤 𝐼 𝑓𝑒𝑒𝑙 𝑎𝑏𝑜𝑢𝑡 𝑡ℎ𝑖𝑠 𝑝𝑎𝑟𝑡, 𝑏𝑢𝑡 𝐼'𝑚 𝑒𝑥𝑐𝑖𝑡𝑒𝑑 𝑓𝑜𝑟 𝑡ℎ𝑖𝑠 𝑠𝑡𝑜𝑟𝑦 𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝐼 ℎ𝑜𝑝𝑒 𝑦'𝑎𝑙𝑙 𝑎𝑟𝑒 𝑎𝑠𝑤𝑒𝑙𝑙!

𝑈𝑝𝑑𝑎𝑡𝑒 - 𝑦𝑒𝑠, 𝐼 𝑑𝑖𝑑 𝑡𝑤𝑒𝑎𝑘 𝑡ℎ𝑖𝑠 𝑐ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 𝑎 𝑠𝑚𝑎𝑙𝑙 𝑏𝑖𝑡