When You Give an Emo Adeptal Powers...

Modern Xiao Pov (but with a twist):

--------------------------

(Small A/N: So a lot of things in this book aren't canon to the game, they are just my headcanons. Please take what you read here with a grain of salt. I repeat, probably nothing in this book is canon material.)

-----------------------------

I slowly open my eyes, feeling more than just slightly lightheaded.

Wh-

Where am I?

What is this place?

Is it...a room?

It does not look like the ones in Liyue... and it really does not look like the one Guizhong gave me....

I slowly lift myself from the bed I am lying on and press a hand to my forehead.

Oww, it feels as though I fell from a great height onto a rock.

Granted, that would not kill me, since I cannot permanently die, but it can still hurt.I take a look outside from the window next to the bed and instantly regret it.

Outside are....really big, shiny...building? Are they buildings?

Honestly though, they look like they are taller than the mountains of Liyue.....and those mountains are tall.

Wait...

HOW LONG HAS IT BEEN?

I jump to my feet, hopping off the bed in one fluid movement and quickly make my way out of this confusing building.

I am about to begin walking in any direction to figure out...well, to figure out anything I can really, when I hear the front door of the house I was in door open and shut.

I debate on hiding to see if the person or thing entering is a threat, but eventually decide that even if they were a threat, I would bet all the mora I had (none) that I could still take them on and win.

I had killed literal gods before, after all.

I am still musing when a boy with blue braids walks up to me with smirk plastered across his face.

It takes me a second to recognize him, but when I do, the realization hits me like a lightning bolt to the chest.

"Y-you are Barbatos!" I say.

"Wow, finally figured it out? So, did Aether tell you?" Barbatos sings.

"Who is Aether?" I ask. Is he one of Barbatos' friends?

Barbatos looks at me strangely.

"Seriously? You lost your memory too?"

(A/N: Just kidding that last line didn't happen)

"Wait, you seriously forgot about Aether? Wait, why would you forget Aether..? Did you hit your head or something?" Barbatos asks.

"I am not aware of who this Aether is. Is he an adeptus? Or one of your disciples?" I ask.

"One of my what? No, no! He's my friend. C'mon, you know him, Xiao." Barbatos says.

I wrinkle my nose.

"I do not know who Xiao is." I say.

"You don't even know your own name?" Barbatos asks me, a strange tone ringing through his voice.

"My name is Alatus." I say.

"Wait a damn minute, I've heard you mention that name before." Barbatos replies.