6

Jimin felt guilty that he was not able to cook dinner for his father. He approached his father slowly and asked if he had already eaten.

"Yah, do not mind me, son. I know my way to the kitchen. How was your date with Jungkook this afternoon?"

"How did you know, appa?"

"JK's appa and eomma visited me this afternoon. They asked what dowry I think is enough if JK will ask for your hand. I told them that dowry is unimportant as long as their son will treat you as a princess once you are mated." His appa chuckled.

"I think appa, you guys got it wrong. Jungkook likes a different omega, not me."

"What? Are you sure about that? Did he tell you that?"

"Errr, not directly. But I do not want Kookie to see me cry, so I left before he mentioned the name of the omega he is planning to mate."

"Awww, Jimin, you should have stayed and let him finish."

"But appa, I cannot stand the pain."

Alpha Park stood and hugged his child. "I know, son. I am just worried because you will be 22 years old in a month. When an omega reaches 22 and is still unmated, he will lose his chance of having offsprings."

"Are you afraid I will die an old maid, appa?" Jimin joked with his father.

"Jimin, I am so afraid you will suffer the same fate as your eomma. I was too cowardly to confess, and she was stubborn to entertain other alphas, so she waited for me. I married her a few days before her 23rd birthday."

"Appa, are you still blaming yourself for eomma's death? If you blame anyone, it should be me, she died at childbirth, so I am the reason for her death."

"Yah, never ever consider that thought, Jimin, not even for a second. Your mother loves you so much that she asked the healer to save you instead of her. And I loved her more because of that. But if only I dared to confess when she was younger, she would not have complications during her pregnancy, she would still be with us today. And you will have other siblings, too."

"If you are really worried about me being unmated by my 22nd birthday, then find me a suitable alpha to mate. I trust you and I will respect your choice."

"What about your feelings for Jungkook?"

"It's useless for me to hope there will be a future for us now that he already found his destined omega. Good night, appa."

Jimin's dad POV:

Jimin's father was heartbroken with today's turn of events. I will do everything to be sure that my Jiminie will have a happy future as he quietly leaves their cabin.