9

Jimin and Jungkook walked hand in hand towards Jimin's cabin. They are bubbling with love that they could not contain their smiles.

As Jimin entered the door, his dad rushed to hug him, not noticing Jungkook.

"Son, I have the best news for you! The Moon Goddess answered my prayers and gave me the alpha best suited for you."

Jimin was taken aback by his father's excitement, "What do you mean, appa?"

"I already find the perfect mate for you, and with that, I am ready to meet your eomma again."

"Appa! Never say that. You know how much I love you."

"Would it be ok if you will have the mating ceremony a day before the next full moon?"

"But that is three days away from now. And, ummmm..."

"Leave everything to me. Since you trusted me to look for a mate for you, I can vouch that he is the best in the pack."

They were got startled when their front door suddenly closed with a bang. Jimin suddenly remembered that Jungkook was right behind him.

- - - - - - - o o o O O O o o o - - - - - - -

Jungkook walked as fast as he could. He felt like all his energy was about to fade any minute now.

Jimin ran, following JK's path. When he reached JK's shoulder, he turned his alpha to face him and hugged him tightly.

"Jungkook."

"Jimin, what was that? Please tell me that what your father said is not true."

"Jungkook, I am so sorry. I cannot disobey my father. His name is at stake with this. He already arranged my mating with someone else."

"Jimin, your father always raised you to be an independent omega. He never dictated you what to do. You were always given a chance to decide. So what was that?"

"It was my fault, alpha. I thought you loved someone else, so I asked appa to choose my mate."

"You what?"

"I am very sorry, alpha. I am so sorry."

"This is all a misunderstanding. Let me talk to your father. Love, I will fix this."

"But the arrangement is irrevocable."

"What are you saying?" JK desperately asked.

"I need to marry my father's chosen alpha."

"No, let me talk to your appa."

"Kookie, please believe me that you will always be my one true love. But I am the reason why appa lost his one true love. I cannot disobey nor disdain his name."

"You cannot truly mean that, Jimin."

"I am sorry, Kookie."

"Run away with me, omega."

"No! I owe my life to my father. He will always be my priority."

"What about me, Jimin? What about us?"

"Please don't make this harder for me. Probably we were not really destined to be together forever."

"You are breaking up with me, just like that? Without even a fight?"

"I love my father, JK. Please understand."

"I love you very much, omega."

"If you love me, you will support my decision."

"Is that what you really want? Are you sure?"

"Y-yes."

"You will search for me in another person, I promise you, Jimin. But, you will never find me."

And Jungkook walked away from the sobbing omega.

- - - - - - - o o o O O O o o o - - - - - - -

Jimin returned to their cabin. His father asked him if he was alright, for the scent in the room was suddenly rotten peaches.

"Son, don't you want to know who is your alpha?"

"Father, I really do not want to know his name. Would it be possible if I will see the alpha on the day of the ceremony?"

"If that is what you want, son. Please remember that I am always after what's best for you."

"I know, appa." Jimin answered as he sadly went inside the room.