two

Edward Cullen, hadn't been at school for a week. Cassie Lockhart spent the entire time walking along the hallways, waiting for him to appear.

The air outside was cold, and the rain nibbled away at her flesh, whenever she walked. She pushed her car door shut, the loud bang of it making people glare at her, she huffed in annoyance.

She pushed her headphones deeper into her ears, the music practically bursting her eardrums apart. She could feel the gravel beneath her boots as she stepped along the sidewalk.

Her fingers gripped the railing along the steps, her eyes pausing at the sight of the Cullens flashy cars. They lined up perfectly beside one another, each of them shiny and sparkling.

She was surprised to have seen Edward step out of the car, his posture tall and uncertain. He seemed bothered by something, but she couldn't tell.

She blinked, her gaze turning away from the boy as she continued up the steps. Her hands wrapped around her notebook, she opened it with ease.

She hummed as she walked down the hallway, her fingers dancing along the page as she wrote. The words were written quickly, she felt the strong gaze of Edward when he stepped into the school.

She opened her locker, her face hidden inside of it as she wrote. Her pencil snapped loudly, making her sigh as she pulled her headphones out.

"What are you writing about?" she jumped slightly, her breath getting caught in her throat as she turned slowly. Edward Cullen stood in front of her, his gaze strong on her sleeves. She put her hands behind her back.

"Nothing... just notes for a class" she slammed her locker shut harshly the notebook safe inside. She blinked her words stuck on her tongue.

"You weren't here last week. Were you sick?" he was silent for a moment, and she felt uncomfortable for a moment. "I was away" he blinked, although it felt forced in Cassie's eyes.

He picked up on her thoughts easily, even if she tried to keep them hidden. He heard them clear as day, this wasn't good for him.

She was far too close, he needed to draw her away from it all. "Oh, away... that's nice" she let out an awkward breath "did you need something?".

She practically saw his body tense up when she spoke those words. Her tone was serious and quiet, for once her thoughts were completely silent.

"Stop writing about my family" his tone was harsh and dark, making her tense up. "I don't know what you're talking about". She felt nervous as he moved closer towards her, his gaze darkened.

"Stay away from my family" she gulped her body shutting down as she pushed him back. "Back off creep" she huffed angrily at him.

His fingers wrapped around her arm, stopping her from storming off down the empty hallway. She sneered at him "you need to stop Cassie".

She pulled away from him "I'm not going to stop... I'll figure it out! Just you wait and see! Asshole!". She ran off down the hallway.

     Cassie walked into her home, the lights were completely off and darkness crept into her bedroom. Her father slept in his bedroom, she didn't bother him when she got home from school.