High place

"Where are we going Ian?" I asked Ian after a long drive in his Bugatti and after a long while of pestering him about it, he still wouldn't tell me. Then he halted, I couldn't see because he got me blindfolded before we could alight from the car, I heard him getting out of the car before he helped me out by grabbing my hand, the electric shock shoot through me once again and all I could do was ignore it because if I didn't I would have reacted stupidly.

"Be careful" Ian voice echoed

"Why do I need a blindfold I can't see anything?" I complained, giggling like a five year old.

"Just because" he said, after a while of walking and hearing unfamiliar voices, I could hear elevator doors closing and Ian was terrifyingly quiet.

"Ian?"

"Hey I'm still here" he chuckled, tightening his hold making my body cringe. It looks like we finally reached our destination as Ian removed the blindfold. I blinked incessantly to erase the blur in my eyes when the scenery came to my view.

We were on the roof of a very tall building and we stood facing a huge billboard with Ian's restaurant ad playing out, I looked around me, it was a beautiful sight to see but I couldn't think about that at the moment, I started panicking and suddenly, I grabbed hold of Ian burrowing my face into his chest.

"Ian... No... No... Please take me back, I've got phobia for heights.... Please... Please... Please" I entreated my heart throbbing non-stop.

"Hey it's okay... You're fine... We're not even close to the edge" he said holding my hands while he looked down at me.

"No please... Please I'm not fine... It's not fine... My heart is beating really fast" I said, I was completely terrified.

"Hey... Look at me" he said, I looked up anxiously, his worried grey eyes peered into mine and to tell the truth, it was a little bit comforting but then I was shivering and shaking my head at the same time. Ian pulled me into him, his huge arms wrapped around me, it felt like I was a pillow when he held me tightly, my face buried in his chest as my body snugged into him. It was far from comforting, I could feel my heartbeat slow down, the tension also died down while my body submitted to his warmth, his cologne prickled my senses before his voice boomed out again.

"You're fine" he turned around slowly and continued "open your eyes" he ordered and I did as I was told. "Is it open?"

"Hmm... Hmm" I hummed now mesmerized by the beautiful city.

"It's not the city Nestrine... It's the moon and the stars that's more beautiful" I looked up and saw what he meant, it looked like we were at a vertical position to the moon, it was a full moon and it was beautiful. I was completely lost when the words suddenly burst out of my mouth.

"It's... It's beautiful" I whispered

"I know" he stated as we fell into complete silence, still secured in each others arms.

"Do you come here often?" I asked. 

"Hmm... Not really... Only when I need to clear my head" Ian said as he moved away releasing his hold making the cool fresh air take back it's right to penetrate my skin, he stood beside me now looking at the billboard.

"That's your ad right?"

"Yope!" He said looking back at me, our eyes were fixed on each other and I couldn't break contact, he tucked my braid behind my ear as his fingers skimmed my skin, making me oscillate.

"Why the blindfold?" I asked.

"Well... I don't know... I just felt like it"

"Na... You didn't want me to see something"