15

Jisung set Tundra down as soon as he entered Minho's apartment. Cedar greeted her, sniffing the air to get a feel of the bunny. Jisung watched them for a bit before examining the interior of Minho's home. It wasn't anything special. Just a dining table, kitchen, small living room, and a bedroom. It was small but why would Minho need a bunch of room for himself and a squirrel?
Jisung took notice of the cat tower in the corner of the living room. There were a few things dangling above it and around the ceiling was fake branches. Jisung supposed Cedar climbed around the house freely. On the couch there were a few full folders. Most likely work things Minho had taken home for the weekend.
Jisung slipped off his shoes and stepped into the slippers Minho had put down for him. "It's cozy," he told Minho.
The keeper hummed as he walked his boyfriend to the couch, grabbing the folders and setting them on the coffee table. "It's nothing to brag about. I like it like that though. Small and homey."
Jisung took a seat and directed his gaze to Cedar and Tundra. They hopped in a circle. Jisung felt kind of bad for them in that moment. They didn't have families besides their human owners. How boring that must've been. Jisung had the choice to leave his family, meanwhile the animals didn't.
"Do you think you'll ever try and find your family again?" Jisung asked the keeper suddenly.
Minho seemed surprised by the question. He looked at the animals, trying to find some kind of connection from them to Jisung's question. Ultimately he gave up trying to understand. "No. I don't think I could face them without crying. If they see me cry they'll take advantage of that. It's safer for me to just pretend like they never existed."
Jisung nodded. He would just forget. Like the animals. "What about you? You don't want to find your brother and beat the shit out of him? I've had my fair share of showdowns in foster homes, I can always beat him into the ground for you."
The artist shook his head immediately. "I hate him but hurting him would hurt my mom. And while I don't understand why or how she can still love him, the end result is that she does. I kind of respect her for that. To love someone so much that no matter what they do they're still your family. Blood is blood, and she takes that to the extreme," he explained.
"I did have my moments when I wanted to kill him. I would rock myself in the bathroom singing a lullaby my mom taught me as a baby. In those moments it felt like double betrayal. He was beating me and my mom was allowing it. But since I've been away from him for so long, I just don't care anymore. He could die and I would cry, but not because I'd miss him. I'd cry because I'd be dissapointed in the fact that I still hope he'll change and come back to make up for all the things he did to my mom and I. Or that there were so many things he could've done if he just tried. But in the end, bad guys don't change. We don't live in a cartoon."
Cedar gave Tundra a hug and Jisung smiled. "I'll make my own family. A family of friends, I guess."
Minho brushed Jisung's hair back with a smile. "Look at you being all mature. I'm such a trouble maker. Are you sure I'm the right person to be in your family plan?" he joked.
Jisung gave a confident hum. "You're still young though. What if one day you wake up and just say: my feelings have changed." Minho asked.
"Will your feelings change?" Jisung questioned back.
Minho thought for a second before replying with a no. "I'd marry you right here right now if you wanted to. Soulmate or not, you're perfect for me. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out when you love someone enough to take care of them for the rest of their life."
Jisung smiled. "Then my feelings won't change either. As long as you love me and take care of me, I don't see why those feelings would change."
"What if there is someone better? Like that guy you mentioned a couple weeks ago. You said you couldn't differentiate that love and the love you feel for me."
That was true. Jisung had no explanation for the fluttery feelings he got around both men. But Taehyun was dating Beomgyu and even if there was a chance for him, Jisung would deny it. Minho was perfect. He at least knew that much. "My heart just tells me you're the right one. I always think too much so this time I just don't want to think at all. It's you. Cause it started with a spark, and now theres a fire."
Minho covered the lower half of his face with his hand. Just as Jisung had never experienced love, neither had Minho. He'd had his fair share of dates, but no one felt right. Not until he met Jisung. It started as a spark, and now it was a raging flame. Minho moved his hand from his face and grabbed Jisung's shoulder lightly. He turned Jisung toward himself and pressed a kiss on his lips. A sweet innocent one that expressed how thankful he was. And how meaningful those words were. Minho would keep them in his heart forever.
Jisung gave a wide smile when Minho pulled back. "Where'd you learn to say all that stuff? You're making my heart beat out of my chest."
Jisung looked away while his cheeks burning. He shrugged, not sure how to reply. Minho chuckled and wrapped him in a tight hug, eventually pulling him onto his lap. He rested his head on Jisung's shoulder with a sigh. He really loved Jisung a lot. No matter how different he was, Jisung was perfect to him.
Jisung watched as Minho's eyes closed. No one had held him like Minho did. No one ever did anything that Minho did. "Minho, can I paint you?"
The keepers eyes snapped open. "Paint me? Did you bring a canvas? I didn't see one."
"I didn't," Jisung said.
"Should we go buy one?" Minho asked, ready to get up from the couch.
"No. I have one."
Minho gave a confused stare. "Where? You didn't drive here."
Jisung shook his head and pointed at Minho's chest. "You."
"Me?" Minho repeated. He laughed in a flustered way. "You want to use me as your canvas?" Jisung nodded rapidly, fingers entangling together out of nervousness. Would Minho say no? It was an odd request. Not just anyone liked being painted or was willing to be.
"I guess you can. Where do you want to paint?"
Jisung's eyes popped wide open in excitment. He'd had the idea since the day at the museum when Minho said he'd be his canvas. Maybe Jisung took it too literally but he was excited. "Your arm and one of your pectoral muscles. I had a cool Idea for a tattoo design. But it won't be perminent," he told Minho, moving off of his lap. He grabbed his bag of art supplies and grinned as wide as he could.
Minho stood up and rolled his shoulders. "Let me take a shower really quick."
Jisung hummed and start setting up his brushes. He put paint on his palette, only using yellow, black, white, orange, and gray. He listened to the sound of the water coming from Minho's bathroom and paused. He looked to the door. Jisung's Boyfriend was behind that door. . . naked. He realized he'd never actually seen Minho show any skin besides his arms. How was he supposed to react? What if something similar to the museum happened? Minho told him not to be embarrassed when it was just him. However, that was a lot harder said than done.
The door clicked and Minho walked out. Jisung stared at his boyfriends exposed body. The artist's throat visibly bobbed. Minho, just as Jisung had thought when he first saw him, looked like a greek sculpture. He was perfect in every category. His arms weren't too big but they were obviously strong enough to lift an animal. Minho's chest and abdomen were Jisung's favorite parts. He had a six pack. Jisung didn't have those. Weirdly enough, he wasn't Jealous. Instead he had a prideful feeling in his chest. That was his Boyfriend.
Minho moved to the couch with a smirk across his face. "Impressed?"
Jisung glanced away with a subtle nod. Minho sighed as he took a seat. "I was
expecting a better reaction," he stated
in dissapointment.
The artist ignored him and grabbed a brush. "It will be cold." Minho hummed. "And you have to be still," Jisung added, grabbing onto the others arm. He didn't give a heads up. He simply started painting. It was a lot different than paper or a canvas. He liked the close proximity to Minho though. He had an excuse to be close to him without getting shy. So he painted and painted, admiring the feel of Minho's body while he did so. It took about two hours until he finished. He was actually surprised Minho had stayed still for so long.
"Done," he whispered. Jisung looked at Minho, only to see him staring back. Jisung blinked. Had he been staring at him the whole time? "Do you like it?"
The elder took a glance down at his painted arm and chest. "Tigers. Should've guessed. It's pretty. Take a picture." Jisung grabbed his phone and snapped a picture with a smile. "Send it to me. Maybe I'll get it tattooed."
Jisung sent the picture to Minho. Tattoo it? It was quite big so it would need a lot of planning. But the idea of his artwork on Minho's body made his stomach swirl. "Now, can I paint you?"
Jisung raised a brow. "How?" He wasn't sure if Minho knew how to paint. They'd never talked about it.
"Can I show you? Close your eyes."
Jisung set his brush down and closed his eyes per Minho's request. He felt the keeper shuffle a bit and lean close. He felt something soft on his neck, which tickled him and made him push Minho away. He was surprised. Minho chuckled. "Too soon?"
Jisung's eyes flicked around the room. "No." He kind of liked the feeling.
"So I can continue?"
Jisung nodded slowly. Minho grinned and pulled him onto his lap in a way that their faces were looking straight at each others. He gave one more sweet smile before pressing his lips back onto Jisung's neck. Jisung stayed still, stiff like a mannequin. He didn't know how to react. It was awkward but he didn't dislike it at all.
Minho was gentle and caring. When he kissed the spot almost two inches under his earlobe, Jisung melted with a shaky breath. He relaxed almost instantly, eyes closing out of instinct. He wrapped an arm around Minho's shoulder and grabbed his neck to bring him closer. Jisung's other hand moved into Minho's hair. It was still somewhat damp from his shower. He thought it would have dried by then.
Minho moved to the other side of his neck and kissed it with a bit more force. Jisung could feel how their chests pressed together and their breathes grew heavier as the seconds ticked by. The hand on Minho's neck moved to his shoulders, squeezing it just to make sure he could still move. Minho in return squeezed Jisung's thigh before pulling away.
Jisung noticed immediately that he had a pink tint spread around his lips messily. He glanced down at his neck but wasn't able to see it. Minho handed him his phone and let him check the camera. Minho had applied lipstick and kissed his neck all over, painting it in lip prints. There were also a few small red circles but Jisung didn't care much about them.
Minho wiped his mouth with a snort at Jisung's surprise. "So, how's that for painting skills?"
Jisung touched his neck, eyes brightening as he took it all in. He started giggling, eyes closing as complete joy set in. Minho entwined their fingers with an adoring smile. He wanted to do more. Tons more. But he reminded himself he needed to take it slow. That Jisung could only take so much before getting overwhelmed.
Jisung responded to his boyfriend by pecking his lips a bunch of times. Minho let himself fall backward so his head rested on the arm of the couch. He pulled Jisung with him, parting his hair and sighing contently. Jisung kissed him again, though let it last instead of pulling away. Minho wrapped an arm around Jisung's waist. They shared a few more kisses before just ending up cuddling. Cedar came and joined them, so Minho had to reach down and get Tundra as well, which made Jisung move to his boyfriends arm and off of his chest.
"Our own little family," Minho whispered. Jisung hid his face in Minho's neck with a nod. He liked the sound of that.