Chapter 19

Realizing that the Convergence might come back to bite him in the ass later, Harry tracked down Jane.

Who had apparently stumbled upon one of the many sites where the paths between worlds intersected. Darcy was in full panic mode because Jane had been missing for an hour already with no sign of her.

"Darcy, keep an eye on this idiot. And make sure his clothes stay on. I don't care how much easier it is to think with them off, they stay on," said Harry grumbling. Darcy gave Erik an odd look.

"Where are you going?"

"I am going to track where that idiot's girlfriend has vanished off to thanks to the Convergence," stated Harry flatly. "It may take a few hours."

Harry had seriously underestimated the amount of trouble Jane Foster was in.

"You stupid, idiotic fool!" ranted Harry.

The second he found Jane and realized what she had done, he had become very furious. Why was it that humans kept stumbling into the worst possible situations?

Jane bristled at his tone alone.

"You couldn't keep your hands away from the bloody thing, could you? No, you just had to touch one of the most dangerous weapons in the universe!"

"Where are we anyway?" asked Jane.

"This is where the previous King of Asgard, my grandfather, stored the final weapon of the Dark Elves in order to keep them from annihilating everyone. It's called the Aether, and it thrives on the life-force of the host. And you had to go and touch the bloody thing," lectured Loki.

Jane had her hand on his shoulder while he led her back to Midgard. He was furious with her, mostly because this was something he expected of Thor!

"Jane!"

"Don't get too close. The fool actually found a weapon that would have been better off lost," warned Loki.

It took a few seconds for the rain to start, and Loki's irritation only grew.

"Thor, get your arse out here this instant!" he barked.

His brother sheepishly appeared. He had come to Midgard the second Heimdall informed him Jane was missing.

"Brother, it is good to see you again," said Thor.

"Thor, I was in Asgard two weeks ago. Now, we have a bigger problem. Jane has stumbled upon the Aether, and it's infected her. If I cant find a way to remove it, or at least make it dormant it could kill her."

Thor's expression turned shocked, then protective.

Loki could tell this was going to be a headache inducing week,

First things first though...

"Gabriel, can you record the energy read outs of the Convergence? You should be able to get a decent recording while we're on the Bifrost," said Loki.

"Okie dokie Loki!"

Loki pinched the bridge of his nose.

"For the love of the All-Father, quit watching that series. It's bad enough you found that pink horse amusing," said Loki grimacing.

Loki cursed the day that Tony stumbled upon the My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic series that had a pink Earth pony who reminded him of Gabriel at his most random. While he did find Pinkie Pie somewhat amusing, he disliked the way Gabriel sometimes said "Okie dokie Loki" as a way to respond to his orders. Tony found it hilarious, Loki did not.

"Who is that?" said Jane. He was see through!

"Gabriel, the AI Tony made to act as my personal assistant, since the odds of finding someone as useful as Pepper Potts was extremely unlikely. We recently developed a way for him to manifest so everyone could see him. Unfortunately we're still not able to get rid of the fact he looks like a ghost at times," explained Loki.