five

2018
BENGALURU

"Rocky finds out about the gold now, right?" Deepa asked. 

"No. He only sees the gold, but he doesn't know who or where it's coming from. But he does know someone who he is sure knows all the details."

1978
BANGALORE

"What is it? You wanted to see me?" She asked, her pinky finger tracing the cold drops of water on the glass surface of the gold spot she was drinking. 

From inside his bag he took out a brick. 

Not just any brick. 

But a gold one. 

It's shiny surface gleamed in the dim room. She slowly reached towards it. Her fingers slowly skimmed over the dusty surface. 

They made it's way to one of the edges and she felt the grooves there. 

Rocky watched her face flicker with recognition. So he was right she does know about it. 

Before he could ask anything, her eyebrows furrowed, the corners of her lips dropped into a slight frown and she picked up the bar. 

She held it up to her eye level and searched the edges for something. 

Her gaze stopped at one part and the lines in her forehead deepened. She peered at it closer. She was starting to mutter things to herself. 

"Where did you find that?" she finally asked. 

"So you know what it is." He said, leaning back into his chair, one leg outstretched. 

"Do you have any idea how much of trouble you'll get in if they find out?" She harshly whispered in a serious tone which had an undertone of urgency. 

"If who finds out?" She stared at him. 

Contemplating on whether or not to tell him. Does he really have no idea what he's signed up for? 

God this is just making everything difficult for her. 

The more he finds out, the more he's getting into this. 

And the more he knows the more he going to dig and Meghna will be the one who would have to cover up his tracks. 

If he continues to dig deeper, finishing him off without a trace is going to get harder for her. 

He could see that she was having an internal battle. 

And so, he calmly repeated his words, "if who finds out?" She stayed silent. 

He waited. 

"There's a whole mafia behind this. Its headquarters in South Africa. They deal with gold in the black market and that's all I can tell you." She said in a hushed voice. 

"Mafia? How is this related to these guys here. I don't understand." He said, slipping the gold brick back into his bag. 

"Look. you have to understand. I can't tell you much. They'll kill me if they find out." He nodded in understanding, but his eyes showed that he wasn't done with her yet. 

She knew that one day he was going to squeeze it out of her. But she could try and retain it for as long as she can. 

"Is that all? shall I leave?" She asked, wanting to get out of the place immediately. 

"No. There's still one more thing. We need to speak to Rajendra Desai." 

What? 

"How is that even possible?"