ten

He sat next to her bed. 

His wet shoes and jacket on the windowsill. 

It was dark and she faced the otherside. But he couldn't risk getting her carpet wet. He'd get caught otherwise.

But he needed to see her. He had to. 

What if he never saw her again? 

Just as he removed the clasp from his chain, it fell to the floor. Thunder rumbled and she turned around, still fast asleep. 

He stared at her for a while, bending to take his chain and place it near her.

 He loved her. He loved her so much that he couldn't believe himself. 

It was almost ridiculous. 

It made sense if Raja Krishnappa Bhairya was in love because he was his mother's child. He had a heart to love, just like his mother. 

But Rocky? No. Absolutely not. 

He was the cold and vile creation of his father. His father who had nothing but hatred and mistrust deep in his bones. 

It was almost absurd that he'd fallen in love. 

But here he was, on the verge of losing his mind over the possibility that he wouldn't be able to see her again. 

He'd never once believed in Karma but is this what it is? Is Karma taking revenge on him for being like his father? He flinched. 

His argument with Meghna was suddenly starting to hammer him down. Thinking back on it, he felt himself go cold with dread. 

He'd never trusted anyone as much as he did her. And nobody had trusted him as much. And now he's ruined it. He ruined it all. 

All because he wouldn't hear her out. His anger made him blind. He was such a fool to have made such a decision. 

Get out. 

That was what he'd told her. 

Where would she go? 

Where did she go? 

She had no one. 

Except him. 

Now, she probably hates him and she won't come back. But one part of him gave him some sort of hope. Maybe she understood that he lashed out in anger. Maybe she was back. He pictured her kicking his door, asking him to open it. 

He swiftly got up, heart beating hard. Maybe she was there. He needed to be there if she was coming back. He needed to apologize. 

He took one last look at Reena who slept peacefully, with absolutely no idea of the emotional storm brewing in his heart. 

By the time he reached home, it was pitch dark, save for the lights from the motel. He ran to his room only to be received by a closed door which certainly had no boot marks on it. He stood for a second, defeated, scared, what if she really was gone? 

Then suddenly, his ear picked up a sound from the other side. His telephone rang and then suddenly stopped. He hurriedly patted his pockets, searching for the keys. The telephone blaring loudly inside. His keys weren't there. 

His heart was beating loudly. 

What if she thought he was ignoring her? He wasn't. 

She should know he wasn't. 

She should know that he was sorry. 

That he needed her to come back. He'd say sorry and they'd go back to working togeth- He found it. He found the keys thank God.