Shocking Surprises and a Disturbing Sight

I decided to leave Edward and Wilbert in the shed to rest, I had noticed a familiar shape in the sidings and the smell of blood earlier on so I went to check it out. As I made my way through the scattered rolling stock that was either tipped over or infected I could hear the moans of pain from the rolling stock unaffected. I could also see the bloodied and yet bright paintwork of a green engine sitting in the sidings, I walked past the trucks and I got a good look at the engine.

 I could also see the bloodied and yet bright paintwork of a green engine sitting in the sidings, I walked past the trucks and I got a good look at the engine

I knew who it was instantly but I didn't know if they were Infected/ Dead or Alive, so I walked to the front of the engine and immediately threw up. There laid in the sidings was what remained of Percy, the Number 6 of the North Western Railway.

I was searching the bodies to see if there was anything useful to use, and when I searched Darren, Percy's Driver, I found an audio recording that told me what happened to them and what could have caused it

I was searching the bodies to see if there was anything useful to use, and when I searched Darren, Percy's Driver, I found an audio recording that told me what happened to them and what could have caused it. From the footage, I heard I discovered that 3 more engines were documented as dead/ Infected. Rosie, Thomas, and Percy. I marked them off at the back of my journal as dead and/ or Infected. 

Edward woke up a few hours ago and asked me what was wrong so I told him that Percy was gone. Edward shed a tear and we had a moment of silence for the engines and people that have been lost so far. We've decided to head down the Mainline towards Elsbridge to look for survivors. Wilbert has gone quiet so I can tell some things are on his mind, Edward's thinking about the others and hoping they are okay. We entered Elsbridge yard and I heard two familiar whistles, I think Edward recognized them because he dashed to the goods shed and when we got there I saw two engines in the shed, one of them were Duck, and the other one I had never expected to see again. The other engine was Donald and I was sure he would have been infected by now but guess not. Also, I had noticed a few soldiers among the workmen, and I was very relieved to see them now.

They looked beaten and injured, Wilbert then asked what was on Duck's buffer beam and he said that it was part of an infected truck that they found and a few surviving workmen fitted Duck with it after they rescued Donald

They looked beaten and injured, Wilbert then asked what was on Duck's buffer beam and he said that it was part of an infected truck that they found and a few surviving workmen fitted Duck with it after they rescued Donald. I asked Duck what he meant and so Duck told his story.

*A Pannier and A Scot*

The duck was pulling into Knapford Harbour with a small goods train and saw Diesel and Henry at the other side of the harbor. He decided to rest his eyes for a bit before he took a passenger train back down to Tidmouth, he was awoken by his Crew steaming him up and panicking, Duck looked around and saw Diesel pushing Henry out of the harbor. Duck then saw the horde of zombies charging at him, he thought quickly and shot forward and ran over several zombies, he then began going back and forth running over the zombies. That's when he heard Diesel's cries from the sidings, he then heard a whistle and Donald raced in with Douglas hot on his tracks. Duck heard Donald begging for Douglas to stop and that it wasn't him anymore, his twin just kept growling and groaning and soon they were out of sight. Duck wanted to help but the noise had attracted more of the horde. All of a sudden there was a loud bang and the whizzing of a passing shell and then a bright flash followed by a loud explosion, Duck was confused but quickly rushed to help Donald. He arrived where Donald was and couldn't believe what he saw. Donald had crashed through the buffers at the end of the pier and had landed on a familiar barge. Douglas had driven over the edge trying to chase his twin but had failed and sunk. Duck thought quickly and yelled for his crew to get a strong rope fast, they did and tied Duck and Donald together. The Pannier Tank Engine then reversed as he tried to pull Donald out, he strained intensely but after a few hours, Donald was re-railed again. Duck then started to calm down the crying Caledonian. Duck's driver then searched for something to cover Donald's exposed eye socket, he soon decided to tear a piece of cloth off of something that he found and tied it around his funnel so it wouldn't fall off.

After that ordeal Duck grabbed a works coach and loaded up the 4 remaining workmen still alive. (Yes 4 out of the hundreds working there.) He also picked up a few trucks full of coal and grabbed a brake van and they left. They headed down the Elsbridge Branch since it was quicker to Elsbridge, they didn't find anyone along the way except a familiar truck. S.C. Ruffy. The poor truck was torn to pieces and was infected, Duck hadn't liked S.C.Ruffy all too much but he did feel guilty that he was left for dead. They decided to carry on and leave the truck. Eventually, they arrived at Elsbridge, and Duck was fitted with that metal "shield" from one of the new trucks. A few days went by and well we arrived, and that sums up Duck's tale.