Chapter 4: A Kid With A Tattoo?

FIRST-PERSON POV

"Is there a number we can call? For your parents?" The girl we found in the wood was now sitting in our basement. Dustin and Lucas protested against it but Mike insisted she needed help.

"Where's your hair? Do you have cancer?" "Did you run away?" The three of the boys were ambushing the poor girl with questions. "Are you in some kind of trouble?" Mike asked her again. "Is that blood!?" Lucas pointed to her. 

"Stop it you're freaking her out!" I stepped in front of the 3 boys attempting to stop them from scaring the girl. "Yeah well she's freaking me out" Lucas protested. "I bet she's deaf" Dustin clapped in front of her face. She flinched, "Not deaf," I rolled my eyes. "Alright, that's enough all right? she's scared and she's cold" Mike went upstairs to get her some clean clothes since the ones she was in we drenched and muddy. He came back down holding a sweatshirt and some sweatpants, from my drawer. "Here these are clean," He passed her the clothes and she stood up.

She began to pull her shirt up in front of us. "NO NO NO!" the three boys turned away and I pointed to the bathroom. "See that, that's the bathroom...privacy, get it?" She looked confused so I led her into the room. She walked into the bathroom and a tried to shut the door behind me, but she put her hand in the way. "No." She speaks.

"You don't want it closed??" I ask her. She shook her head. "How about we keep the door..." I moved the door so it was slightly ajar, "Like this?" She nodded and I turned around again. "She speaks," I said to the boys. "She said one word, your three year old sister says more," Lucas protested. I rolled my eyes and sat on the couch waiting for the mysterious girl to come out.

"She tried to get naked!" Dustin continued the conversation. Lucas looked back at him. "There's something seriously wrong with her," He sighed. "Like wrong in the head, she just went like," Dustin motioned taking a shirt off, knocking his hat off in the process. "I bet she escaped from Pennhurst," Lucas glared at the bathroom door and leant on the stairs. "From where?" "The nuthouse in Kerley county" He glanced back at dustin. "You got a lot of family there?" "Bite me"

"We should've never brought her here" Dustin said, changing the subject. "So you just wanted to leave her in that storm?" Mike protested. "Yes! We went out to find Will, not another problem," Lucas stood up. "He has a point, I mean we're no closer to finding Will," I stood up facing Mike. As much as i also didn't want to leave that girl out there, the real priority is Will. Mike rolled his eyes. "Alright here's the plan, she sleeps here tonight," I glare at him "Just tonight!" 

"You're letting a girl--" Dustin started to speak "Just listen! In the morning she sneaks round the back of my house and knocks on my front door, and asks our mom for help. She'll know exactly what to do," "And tomorrow night, we go back out?"

"And this time we find Will.." I clench my fists.

Word count - 542

AN- omg i'm so sorry i havent updated in so long i've been busy with school, but ill be back with updating soon hopefully!! <3 I'll also be writing a christmas chapter.