Lovey-dovey

Aeri pov

He stopped in front of the company and we got in.

"Are you coming in? Why?" I asked.

"My friend works here. Sunghoon." Heeseung replied, and I crossed my arms and stood in front of the entrance blocking it.

"No, it's working hours." I told him.

"Fine, I'll come later. Would you join me and my friends for dinner?"

"no. Am busy." I said and went to my office, As I passed Sunghoon he followed me to my office bringing the papers with him and a small flash drive.

"Our branch is busan is not bring much income because its winter and tourists are not much anymore." He said.

"I knew this would happen." I told him.

"There is a problem..." he started, "The chairman came here yesterday, he kicked a lot of people out."

"What? Why?"

"Because they were not working and spreading rumors... They kept on saying..."

"Say it."

"They said that you dating someone."

"I see. Thank you. For now go and check on the other employees and ensure that they are doing their best."

"Yes, ma'am." he said and left.

It's all because of that Heeseung, I shook my head and tried to focus on my work but he keeps in popping my my mind.

It was very late and I almost fell asleep on the desk, I gathered my stuff and walked out to see Mina resting over my car, she waved at me as I walked up to her.

"How have you been?" She asked.

"Good." I told her angry with myself for not facing her.

"Don't act all worked up. Heeseung told me." She said.

"Am really sorry." I told her.

"no need. I know your dad is tough. Did he do anything?" She asked uneasy while looking at my arms.

"No. He stopped long ago." I told her.

"Is that why you always wear long sleeves all the time? Don't lie to me."

"Am not lying." I lied with a smile.

"Fine. Come and join me and the boys. Heeseung told me that you are avoiding him because of me... I don't want that." She said and got into her car.

I called my dad and asked if he's okay with it. He seemed totally okay since I mentioned Heeseung.

Mina sang along the songs in her playlist and tried to ease the air but I just didn't feel like it at all.
As we arrived to one of my restaurants, I saw Heeseung's car parked and tried not to act strange in front of him and his friends.

As I walked past the door a tabl, Heeseung ran up to me and gave me a small side hug and the same to Mina, he led us to the table.

His friends started to cheer him up and some were laughing at him, he squeezed me and Mina next to each other.

Sunghoon looked at me shocked but acted as if he doesn't have to acknowledge me. He didn't have to.

"Lee Aeri." One of them said and smiled creepingly.

"Stop it. This is Jay, jake, sunoo, Niki-that's not his real name and Jungwon." he said pointing at them one by one.

"It's a pleasure." I said and bowed.

"Stop being so formal." Jake said and continue to look at the menu.

We ordered and waited, all of them seemed to be very close to Mina, I only nodded from time to time at some questions.

Heeseung's hand took my phone away from my hand and I realised how much my nails had ruined it.

"Do you feel uncomfortable? Should I take you home?" he whispered to me in my left ear and I shook my head.

"Stop acting lovey - dovey." Jay said and laughed.

"We didn't." I replied and took a gulp from my wine.

Mina didn't even look at me as she was in a deep conversation with Jungwon about Something. After we ate Sunghoon stood up.

"I have to leave, I have to go to work early." He said and the others booed at him as he left. He glanced at me one last time before he left.

I stood and followed him outside, he knew I was going to come behind him.

"So it was true." He said. "Then why did your dad kick them out. Why?"

"I don't know." I told him.

"You don't even like him." He said and pointed at the restaurant. "Why?"

Heeseung walked behind me and I looked from one of them to the other.

"Why does that annoy you?" Heeseung told him.

"No. Heeseung, go inside. Please." I said and pulled him inside with me.

"What's wrong with you?" I hissed at him.

"Do you like him? He's my best friend!"

"Mina is my best friend too!"

That silenced him, he looked down at his swinging leg and I held his hand.

"I agreed on marrying you but I didn't agree on dating you. Loving you. You don't control me or my decisions." I pointed and left to search for Sunghoon but he was no longer there.