#12

They arrived to Colorado and to a little community called Haven Springs. It was a very beautiful place to look at and maybe live.

KC POV:
Woah this place is so beautiful, I've seen pictures but it's way more gorgeous in person not gonna lie, I looked over to Max that was sleeping soundly, I looked in the rear view mirror and saw Rachel and Chloe sleeping, I had a smile on my face and drove on. I don't remember the last time I've been in a calm place like here in Haven Springs. We were heading to a hotel and when we got there, I parked in a parking spot and just sat there, " alright everyone we're here in beautiful Haven Springs." Rachel looked around and still half awake smiled while rubbing her eyes.  Max woke up too and woke up Chloe, they all got out of the car and headed toward the hotel, the breeze felt so good on my skin and I could breath easily. We entered the hotel and walked up to the desk where a young kid was standing, "Welcome to the Diaz hotel how many rooms and how many days?" I replied, "just one room for a week." The kid grabbed a room key and I paid, we headed up to the room and surprisingly it was really nice. We settled in the room and relaxed for a couple hours, we had some food and I let the girls take a bath, when they were in the bath I thought of getting a drink, so I headed into the town and saw the black lantern.

It was really nice and everyone looked cool, I sat down at the bar on a stool and rested my arms on the bar table, a guy that looked like he was 26 walked up to me from behind the bar, "how are you doing sir, what can I get you?" I looked at him a...

It was really nice and everyone looked cool, I sat down at the bar on a stool and rested my arms on the bar table, a guy that looked like he was 26 walked up to me from behind the bar, "how are you doing sir, what can I get you?" I looked at him and replied, "could I get a rum and coke a cola cocktail please. " He nodded and started making my drink. He brought it over and set it down in front of me, "So you're new here to Haven Springs?" I looked at him and replied, "yea just got into town from Oregon, I'm looking for someone." "Who are you looking for?" I took a drink and replied, "I'm looking for my cousin Gabe Chen." The guy looked at me and he smiled, "I'm Gabe Chen, I guess you're KC?" I nodded and Gabe smiled, "haven't seen you since you moved to Oregon when we were both 10 years old, how have you been?" Before I could reply I got a call from Rachel, "give me a second Gabe." I answered to Rachel crying, "what happened Rachel?" She replied, "KC come back to the hotel we have a... an emergency." I hung up and paid for my drink, before I ran out Gabe asked, "What happened?" "I don't know but it's an emergency I'll update you when I get back." I said as I ran out of the door. I sprinted through out the town and to the hotel as fast as I can. I got to the hotel but there were ambulances there, I went pale when I saw them carry a body out on a stretcher, I ran over to see who it was and I broke down when I saw, it was Max, she was dead with a rope burn on her neck, Rachel came over and put her hand on my shoulder and I started crying, "Why did she do this?" Rachel replied, "she couldn't handle the stress of running from Oregon and leaving the people behind, so she took her own life to get away." I couldn't believe it that the girl I loved took her own life and I went to the bar. "It's my fault, I put her through this war with Jefferson and I went to the bar, when I should've just stayed here and held her in my arms but she's gone now." I had tears rolling down my eyes and Rachel replied, "KC it's not your fault, it's Jefferson's fault, he put all of us through that hell and it puts alot of pressure on someone and Max wasn't strong enough." I sniffled and we hugged.

Later that night...

We were at the bar having drinks and I was really drunk that I passed out in Gabe's apartment and woke up to Jefferson in my face with Rachel and Chloe in chairs dead, he stuck a needle in me and said before I went out, "see you soon KC." I jumped awake and felt my chest, my heart was beating fast and I was drenched with Sweat. I got up and went into the bathroom to take a shower, after my shower and getting dressed I laid back down and before I closed my eyes, I saw a girl walking into the room but I was to tired and fell asleep.