Into His Own Hands

A Few Weeks Later

8am
Cam walked into the Bacon Bros. Diner, determined to get a strong coffee before she went to the BAU. Today was strictly a paperwork day and she was not looking forward to everything that came with it. Cramped wrists, anger, frustration and stress.

She was excited to see Hotch, but she was not looking forward to being ignored. Sure, she knew it was going to take time considering what happened, she knew that but what she didn't count on was being ignored and avoided, like she didn't exist.

Hotch sat near the back of Bacon Bros. Diner with Jack, both of them eating a muffin, unaware that Cam was at the front counter. "Daddy, I need to go to the toilet"., Hotch nodded and wiped his hands, standing up and motioning Jack to follow him. "Come on"., Cam found her wallet and pulled it out, smiling politely at the man behind the counter.

"The strongest coffee you have please"., the man raised his eyebrows., "...the strongest you say?"., "yes, I have an extremely long day today"., "very well. The strongest coffee we have, coming up"., "thankyou"., she smiled.

Hotch and Jack walked out of the bathroom and Jack looked around the diner, yanking on his suit jacket. "Daddy, look!"., Hotch looked to where Jack was pointing and saw Cam. His eyes widened and he cleared his throat.

"No Jack!"., he urged, but it was to late as he saw his son running over to her. He scratched the back of his neck, letting out a sigh, following after him. As Cam waited for her coffee to be made she heard some running footsteps, she looked over her shoulder, seeing Jack.

She turned around and smiled, leaning down as Jack ran into her arms, giving her a hug. "Hi Jack!..."., Cam smiled, hiding her surprise and held her hand up for a high five. Jack accepted the high five, and she made a 'bam' sound he did so.

"...Now, I imagine you are not here by yourself, little man, where's your dad?"., Hotch cleared his throat, announcing himself., "good morning"., he muttered softly. Cam stood up and smiled, giving him a little wave., "hi, Aaron"., "hello".

"Excuse me, ma'am?"., the man behind the counter smiled, giving the coffee to her. "Here, one extra strong coffee for you"., "thankyou, here you are. ..."., Cam gave him a polite smile as she paid for her coffee., "...You can keep the change. Have a good day".

Cam leaned down and smiled at Jack. "I'll see you later, little man"., Hotch watched Cam interact with Jack and smiled, quickly putting it away as she stood back up straight, looking at him. "I'll see you soon"., she gave him a warm smile and headed out to her car.

***
She parked in the FBI carpark and got her keys out of the ignition, grabbing her bag and reluctantly got out of the car., ''here we go''., Cam muttered, already feeling tired as she walked up to the building.

''Cam, wait for me!...''., she looked over shoulder, seeing Reid. He caught up to her and they gave each other a friendly smile. ''Good morning. ...''., she smiled and Reid opened the door for her., ''...Thankyou. So how was your night?''.

''It was great!...''., Reid beamed., ''...I went to the new science museum that opened a few months ago and finished it off going to the Mexican restaurant that Garcia recommended to me. Despite some of the mistakes the the tour guide made when he was showing the group around, I had a good time.

Even though, I didn't correct the tour guide, I did point out his mistakes to the little boy that was beside me. I think kids should be taught the correct facts about the wonders of science and I didn't want him to walk away with the incorrect information''.

''Sounds like a fun night''., Cam nodded as they walked into the elevator., ''Oh, it was. What about yours?...''., Reid looked at her., ''...What did you do?''., Cam sighed and cleared her throat., ''I went on a night jog with-''.