12. camp prom

twelve,
camp prom

        THE CAMP PROM had arrived, meaning that opening night was 24 hours away

THE CAMP PROM had arrived, meaning that opening night was 24 hours away. Phoebe was incredibly nervous. She memorized all her lines and everything she needed to, but there was still those what if questions popping into her mind.

        However, it was prom and she was going to dance to her hearts desire with Ricky Bowen. With only one more thing to complete on his list, they (Phoebe and the boys from the Yurt Cabin) were watching Ricky finish eating the last piece of his third pizza.

        He looked like he was going to vomit. "Can everyone please stop singing?"

        "He's hallucinating," Carlos declared. "Ricky, you don't have to do this. We love you."

        "Turning 18 tomorrow," Ricky reminded him. "Three pizzas. One more bite. Must finish bucket list."

        "I can't watch," Carlos placed his hands over his eyes as Ricky put the last piece in his mouth. "Gross."

        "Wow," Jet commented. "You did that."

        Nick tilted his head. "How do you feel?"

        "I can smell colors," Ricky told him. He looked over to Phoebe, smiling. "I did it."

        Phoebe nodded. "You did. However, if you do puke, find yourself a new date."

        EJ walked into the canteen, dressed in a suit for the night. "There you guys are."

        "I'm gonna go get ready," Phoebe looked back at Ricky. "I'll see you tonight." She gave him a small smile before walking past EJ and going to her cabin.

        She walked in and immediately went over to Clara, ignoring the conversation between Ashlyn, Kourtney, and Gina. Phoebe would never ask them to choose between her and Gina, but it did hurt to know who they would've chosen. Clara who was wearing a lavender dress with little flowers on it and purple thigh high boots, she kind of reminded Phoebe of Daphne Blake.

        "Did he do it?" Clara asked.

        "He did," Phoebe grinned.

        "Oh my God," Clara wrinkled her nose. "That's disgusting. You're going to be kissing that."

        "Whoah," Phoebe's eyes widened. "Slow down. Nobody said anything about kissing."