Chapter Seven

I push myself out of the water before wrapping a towel around me. Maddy thinks she's found something now that she is aware of Dravens true nature but she needs a couple of days to flush out her lead. In the meantime I've been trying to hone in my skills but my connection has been wonky. Relationship lines randomly appearing, vines growing in my sleep.

Things that normally happen when I'm stressed. At home that's the normal state since I have to watch out for Shea. I head into my room letting out a soft sigh grabbing onto the plant on my dresser. When nothing comes from it I let go. "Damnit!" I slam my hands against my dresser before beating it a couple more times.

My father would say that time is all I would need to recover. I can't exert myself and being out of practice is the cause of this. Venus, however would say I need to take a moment for myself. Whenever Venus visited after the horse incident he decided that the stables were no place for us to spend time together. He was the only kid my age that would rather spend time with me than my cousins or brother. He would take me to a nearby lake and help me find a connection to our powers. He was patient where I was not.

His visits got less frequent and when I started dating Turnick it was the last time I saw him. It was a brief encounter, something had transpired between the two and I've hardly heard anything from him since.

"Hard day at the office?"

  I twirl around as my stomach seems to jump to my throat. "Draven!"

  He leans against the window near my bed, his arms crossing over his chest as he studies me. "I've never seen a fairy struggle to form a connection."

"It's because I'm only half fey, you ass," I retort. I cross my arms over my chest as well. He raises a brow before a grin spreads across his lips.

"Perhaps you may only be half Fey but you do possess twice the beauty."

  I narrow my eyes before it dawns on me. I grab my hairbrush pelting it at him. "You're a perv!"

He chuckles before making his way over to me. He boxes me in at my dresser. "I find it only fair, don't you little fairy? You've seen all of me," he whispers. His nose run along my neck as if he's smelling me.

  Wherever his nose touches it seems as if my nerves are shocked. I tilt my head sideways, my breath seemingly caught in my throat. "I tried not to," my voice shakes as his nose still slowly goes up my neck and back down.

"I don't mind," he lowly says. I hear him swallow harshly before the sound of him inhaling can be heard. "Gods," he says lower. His hand brushes some hair off my shoulder. My eyes flutter close, something seems different. The air is thick, my breathing is hard. I put my hands against his chest feeling his heart beating hard too, almost as if there's two falling in line with my own. "Little Fairy-"

"Jezza! You got mail!" Mom shouts from downstairs. Draven stands in the same spot deadly still. "Ones from your father and the other is from Venus!"

I snap my head towards the door confused. Why would Venus write to me? Draven then takes a step back. I quickly grab some clothes before leaving my room. I put them on heading down the stairs and grabbing the envelopes from her. "Not even a hello mother?"

"Hey ma, Dravens here."

"I'm ordering some pizza, tell him to stay home for dinner," she says. I turn heading back up the stairs opening the blue envelope.

"Mom says stay for dinner." I then sit on my bed opening it up. However I can feel Dravens eyes on my the entire time. I hate that my face heats up at that tidbit of knowledge.

J,
  I know it's been a number of years since I last wrote. Father has sent me even higher in the mountains to train with the Vestrain warriors. Upon my arrival I was made aware of what Shea and Turnip have done. Remember what I always have told you, hold your head high for you are the Grace at court.