Chapter Two

I assume a perk to growing up with a cousin who absolutely despises you is that you develop another sense. Whenever she would do something mean or cruel towards me I would get this little pain behind my eye hours before. It is like my body can sense when she is planning her mischievous activities. Like one of the times Lord Vernon's son came to visit, I got this pain behind my eye and ignored it thinking that it was because I hadn't eaten that day. The lord's son was always nice to me, he gave me these great gifts for my birthday with these thoughtful notes and poems.

  Lord Vernon came to visit with his son and while he spoke to my father his son, Venus, took me to the stables. Venus was letting me pet his horse, which was a tall majestic stead. I cant seem to remember the breed now, but the horse stood so tall I am sure that the average human could stand completely under the belly without touching it. Anyway, I was petting the horse with this pain in my eye while watching Venus sit on a wooden bench playing with his knife when I heard the horse start hitting its hooves against the ground. This spooked me, the horse is a giant and at the age eleven I was only smaller than I am now, and I panicked.

  Venus seemed confused on what was happening as he came closer to calm the beast but that's when it happened. The room filled with a copper scent as I was drenched 'Carrie' style in the blood of the geese we would later eat that night. The echoes of Shea's laughter was the only thing I could hear, drawing out Venus' warning of the spooked horse that ran right into me.

  Getting this feeling is something I dread because I always end up embarrassed, hurt, scared, and/or depressed. So waking up with this feeling and finding a rather large man laying in bed beside me causes me to shriek while jumping out of bed to grab a weapon, my curling iron. "What are you doing?" I shout jabbing the item into his side in which he promptly replies with a hiss.

"I was sleeping," he groggily replied, sitting up. He runs a tan hand through his blond hair while giving me a lazy smile. He pulls the curling iron from my hands. "Kinky."

I gape at him before narrowing my eyes at him and closing my mouth. Why is he so inappropriate? Maybe, because he's a demon, you diphead. "Why are you sleeping in my bed? I thought that," I stop talking, pressing the palm of my hand to my throbbing eye. I grab onto my nightstand waiting for the dizziness to subside, this is the first time its ever made me dizzy like this.

"Little Fairy, are you okay?" He asks scooting to the edge of the bed. I squeeze my eyes shut before opening them, seeing the lines appear. Something my aunt has been teaching me is how to see the lines connecting people, which is a real bitch sometimes. The line between the demon and I is one I have never seen before. While it is black, which isn't surprising considering he is a demon, there is a red and gold swirled around it. I'm not entirely sure what that means but its still baffling that I would have a bond with him so quickly.

  Okay, maybe not that baffling considering that I did summon a demonic assassin...

I squeeze my eyes close again before rubbing at them. "I am fine, it's just an ability thing and don't call me that." He just smirks at me, which is undeniably hot, and gets off my bed. He puts his hands on my shoulders while looking me deeply in the eyes. His eyes are a true mystery though, while the color isn't exactly a color but more of a swirl of every eye color possible which, of course, makes him that more attractive. Like damn, okay.

"I'll call you whatever I please, Little Fairy, but I wouldn't wake me like that again if you don't want to lose any of these," he pauses pulling my hand up and runs his fingers across my own, "because I do bite." He then proceeds to bite my finger making me jerk it back with a hiss of pain.

  What the actual hell? I give him my best weirded out look before pushing past him and head to go downstairs. Once I'm sure he doesn't see me I stick my finger in my mouth trying to get my finger to stop bleeding. It still hurts. I head into the kitchen grabbing grapes and granola to see if a snack will help with my throbbing eye. Surely my bad feeling isn't because he was in my bed, right? I sit on the counter, letting my legs dangle as I snack. I look over at the entryway as my mom walks in with her dark brown hair styled neatly in a bun. She is about to go to work.