Chapter Eight

Sure I've seen plenty of shirtless guys before. My father regularly trained me with many of the soldiers. The Fey are proud creatures, especially of their bodies. Despite all that no matter how many times I see Draven shirtless, it leaves my mind a jumbled mess.

I had been downstairs, making notes of Maggie's notes. Well, calling them notes from Maggie is downplaying it. It was more of research paper of any and everything she could find on Draven. Which was a lot. She might as well have wrote a book about him.

  Most of it is just myths but all of them concluded he was one of the most dangerous creatures to exist.

Then I had mom's research as well. She focused on finding out more of releasing demons from their spell. I haven't gotten to it yet but it is remarkably smaller than Maggie's.

However that's beside the point. I had heard noise from my room, armed with a kitchen knife I crept upstairs peeking through a crack of the door to my room finding Draven. He's shirtless, which is why I'm frozen in my spot. His back is to me showing that odd tattoo, the one with the moving girl in the circle of what I assume is names. Names of the people he killed.

  When he turns showing off his chest my breath hitches. It isn't just because of his sculpted body, which was definitely a plus, but the fact that he has another tattoo, a fresh tattoo going down his side. At first glance it looks like lightning but a closer inspection shows something by is hidden in it. A word that I don't know the language to decipher.

  I swallow harshly forcing the door open. His multicolored eyes land on me. "Just make yourself at home."

  He raises a brow, unbuckling his belt with one hand before easily sliding it off his hips. Shit. I try to keep my face indifferent to him but fuck, that was hot. "I will." His gaze flickers to the knife. "Upgraded from hair appliances to kitchen knives have we?"

"There's only so many times I can replace my straightener before suspension arises."

  He surprised me even further by chuckling, his lips pulling into a half smile making him seem much younger than what he actually is. I set the knife down on my dresser. "What are you doing here?"

"I wanted to shower," he heatedly replies unbuttoning his pants. "Though I guess a strip show is just as fun."

  "Sorry, it's just..." I trail off my mind going to both tattoos. Something in me feels like I should know what the side one says and then the back one? Its fascinating.

"I know, I know. I'm so fucking irresistible."

"No," I shake my head pulling myself from my thoughts. "It's just your tattoo on your back. It moves and I've never seen anything like that before."

"Ouch," he mutters. "That hurt in my dead heart Little Fairy."

  I cross my arms over my chest with a scoff. "You do not need me to stroke your ego."

"Maybe I need you to stroke more than just my ego."

  I purse my lips forcing myself to keep his gaze. "Thought I wasn't allowed to touch you?" I counter. "Besides you're deflecting which makes me even more curious about that tattoo."

Instead of answering, he hooks his thumbs in his waistband before yanking them down. "Draven!" I gasp turning around. His laughing is the only response I get. I don't hear his steps but the tightening of my muscles is the only indication that he's getting closer to me.

I all but flinch when his hand brushes the hair off my neck. "You're a curious little thing aren't you?" He hums, his fingers ghosting on the exposed skin of my neck. "Pretty and curious girls like you normally end up hurt."

"You can't fault me for being curious. A demon like you knows that."

    His breath hits the back of my neck sending chills down my spine. The air seems to thicken like the other day causing my cheeks to heat at the memory. What is this? My body feels as if it's buzzing everywhere he touches. I feel his nose running along my neck again. My heart seems to squeeze, almost painfully before beating harshly.

I've never felt like this before. The electricity between us all but excites me. Not even Turnick had me feeling like this. Hell, Jake didnt either and he was a fucking incubus.

No I'm not immobile needing air. I'm stunned by the shocks between us. The air thick with the scent of cinnamon and something else earthy. One of his hands finds a home on my hip, barely brushing under my shirt with his thumb but it's enough to make my knees weak. "What are you doing to me?" My voice is hoarse and cracks.

"You smell good," he huskily says ignoring my question. There's a small breeze like noise causing him to tense up. "I know," he whispers before the noise starts again.

  Before I can ask what it is he is out of my bedroom, the door slamming behind him.

What the fuck was that?

I hurry from my room and back to the kitchen where I shove all the notes back in the box before setting it aside. My hands shake as I sink into the couch. I need to focus on anything other than whatever just happened. The front door slams closed pulling me from my thoughts.

"Jezza!" Maggie shouts rushing into the living room. Her hair wildly bounces around her. "I found-"

"Dravens here." She looks around as she cautiously sits beside me. "In the shower."

  She pulls a notepad from her bag quickly scribbling down on it. I found an old story about a shadow demon. About how he was once human cursed by an alpha werewolf for killing his mate.

  My stomach twists as I read over the messy writing. Draven could have been human at one point? The thought alone feels wrong. However he is an assassin, allegedly that is, which if someone wanted to kill an Alphas mate it would probably be best to hire one.

I grab the pencil from her. Does it say which Alpha?

Reendvrax. The second Alpha of the Acer wolves.

"Like Archer." Archer Acer, the alpha of Reagan which is David's daughter. The witch was kind enough to do a quick crash course on the highlights of who was important regarding the book.

Not that I didn't know of Alpha Archer, he was very diligent on upkeeping all of the treaties between his pack and the fey unlike his father Daniel. I've met him a time or two and he was always kind.

Maybe Archer could give me some insight on Draven. On something with him being cursed, perhaps even that relic Draven gave me. Hell, maybe I can catch David and ask him about the demon freeing spell, surely he has heard about it.

  Maggie puts a hand on my knee, giving me her best motherly look she can muster. "You're as foolish as your mother."

  I can help but smile at that. "That's why you love us. We keep things interesting for you."

"You two will be the reason for me going grey. Maggie, a fairy knocked me up! Maggie there's a demon in my house. Maggie the demon is actually Jezzas pet. Whatever would you two do without me?"

"Still be trying to figure out what demon i accidentally summoned with what I thought was a sleeping spell."

  That earns a glare but the uptick of the corner of her lips shows it's still in lightheartedness. "Don't ever loose this part of you Jezza."

Word Count 1296
Do you have a favorite quote so far?