Bonus: Shun's Birthday

Sleepless in Sanctuary

The horrors of battle manifest in each soldier differently.

˚✧₊⁎ ☆ ⁎⁺˳✧༚

Hyoga was lying in bed, completely awake. It was three in the morning, and he had to get up early for work in a few hours. Nevertheless, there he was, unable to sleep. He tried for the first two hours and then gave up, limiting himself to staring at the ceiling while he waited for the sleep to come naturally, if it ever did.

The room was peaceful; nothing could be heard but the sound of the late-night cars passing by the window, with their lights reflecting on the ceiling, creating hypnotizing figures that rolled throughout the space of the bedroom. And on top of it all, the soft and eased breathing of the one he loved the most, lying next to him, completely asleep: Shun.

'Sleepless' was never a word that could fit the Andromeda Saint, for that was an activity that came naturally to him. Anytime. Anywhere. If the green-haired young man could find a comfortable place to lay his head, he would find himself on his way to a very well deserved nap.

The undisturbed thoughts of the Cygnus Saint were interrupted by a curious sound. A moan.

He frowned and turned to the only person who could produce such a sound at the moment.
Apparently, Shun's dreams weren't that sweet, for he could clearly see distress in his boyfriend's expression as his pale and delicate hand grasped the pillow softly.

Shun may never have been sleepless, but he certainly had nightmares, and that happened more often than not.

After all, that was a small price to pay for being a Saint. The horrors of battle manifested in each soldier differently: for Hyoga, it was the inability to sleep every other night, and for Shun, the mentioned nightmares.

Although these terrible dreams were not only the outcome of many battles and wretched enemies.

Only one, to be precise.

Hades.

After the God of the Underworld took possession of Shun's body some time ago, the Andromeda Saint had been having sporadic nightmares. That had been a traumatic episode, the most any of his fellow Saints had experienced, even his own brother on that atrocious island where he trained. And even if Shun had been strong enough to keep the god in line, he still developed trauma after such an event.

There was not much that could be done; just learn to deal with it and support him when needed.

Hyoga turned to face Shun, debating internally if he should wake him up.

Carefully, the Russian placed his hand upon Shun's soft and puffy hair and began to caress it, taking the long green strands off his boyfriend's face and tucking them behind his ear.

It was as if Hyoga's mere touch was sufficient to help ease Andromeda, since the troubling noises and frowning slowly began to disappear as the Cygnus Saint fondled his hair.

Hyoga chuckled, showing a slight smile. Then he settled on his side and placed his arm around Shun, hiding his face among the pillows and Andromeda's neck as he slowly began to slumber.

That was all they could do.

Just as Hyoga's touch could unconsciously bring Shun such peace, the simple feeling of Shun in his arms was enough for Cygnus to get some sleep.

A simple and beautiful solution.

Be there for each other.

——————————————————————————
Hi!

It's been a while...

I wrote these lovely paragraphs in order to celebrate Shun's birthday. Since our precious ducky had one on his, then, our beautiful bunny needed one as well.

Among other things... I have no excuses for myself this time... just that I didn't feel like updating this story. I'm sorry.

Although, this could mean the imminent return, and possible wrap up, of this collection. But, I can't promise anything.

Wish me luck, and I hope you can read the next chapter earlier than expected.

Thanks for reading! 💕