"Her Birthday" (Love Tryst Era)

A/N: This was meant to come up on Lorelei's birthday (proly last year), but the idea just came out on the day of her birthday too. The timing didn't worked out, eh? Pasensya na.

Medyo Ps. But recently I had overflowing ideas of what will happen during and maybe after the dinner thingy. I will post a sneak peak soon.

May mga bagay rin akong naipasok na medyo nag make sense and somewhat gave something since this is the first au na nasa "in a SECRET relationship" type na sila.

Prompt na nasa twitter ko:
After the meeting went south, it turned out well because she got to celebrate her birthday at a fancy restaurant.

They have to meet officer M in a private restaurant for a case. But the officer himself can't make it due to a more important case than the one they'll be discussing.

Loki took it as an opportunity to celebrate Lorelei's birthday, which even the celebrant herself seemed to have forgotten. An embarrassed Lorelei also took it as their love tryst. (Talk about secret relationship hehe)

THIRD

'Same old shit', said Lorelei to herself as she woke up from deep slumber. She had enough sleep since she was done with her work (earlier than expected) last night. Nothing is special even if it's Sunday because she'd be doing the same thing for the entire day: cooking, washing, cleaning, and feeding Freya.

Bumungad sa kanya ang isang lalaking may magulong buhok. Nakasuot ng plain white t-shirt at grey na pajama. Nagbabasa ng libro at may nakapatong na kape sa lamesita sa tabi niya.

"Good morning." ani ng babae paglabas ng kwarto.

She usually greets someone at different times of the day. It's as if it's part of her daily conversations with everyone she meets and gets to talk to.

Lumingon lang ito sa kanya upang ipaalam na narinig siya nito.

"We promised to meet officer M today."

He placed the coffee back to the saucer as he sipped from it after blowing its steam. "Speaking of officer M, I got his text last night. He said the meeting will be at seven." the setup is suppose to be this afternoon but for some reason, he changed it to dinner time.

Police works the busiest even in their break. Having a job that serves the public are exhausting. May mga ilan pang sa cubicle na mismo kumakain dahil sa reports na hindi nila maiwanan. How did she know? Well, having someone directly connected to the police, napansin niyang hindi nauubusan na mga taong nagko-complain, nagfafile ng kaso at nakukulong, be it serious, minor cases or not.

"Noted," sagot ng babae at dumiretso sa kusina para magtimpla ng hot choco.

*

Fifteen minutes past six, ay tapos na itong maligo. Lorelei came out with a towel wrapped around her head at nadatnan niya si Loki sa sala. The latter was still sitting na para bang wala silang pupuntahan. Napataas tuloy ang kilay niya.

"Sumunod ka ng maligo do'n."

"Just one chapter." he said after flipping a page to the book he's reading.

"Loki!" the girl in front of him hissed. Palibhasa'y sanay itong palaging na-le-late! Gusto pa 'atang idamay ako sa kakuparan nito. Ayaw ko pa naman ng ganun.

"I have a hunch he can't make it today so that's why." yeah, Loki and his hunch.

"We still need to come. Your hunch is a hunch. You can't be sure."

"And what will I get after coming with you?"

"WH series books and a," lumapit ang dalaga sa kanya at bumulong. "..."