I

In front of a big high school, she stops.
In her hands, a yellow folder. She's wearing brown pants and a white sweater. A beautiful smile forms on her face; It's her first day at work as Spanish Teacher.

After 20 minutes, in the HR manager's office:
"Our Bell High School welcomes you, Miss Moore."

A young man of 27, comes out of one of the classrooms.
He bites into his red apple, and looks at Miss Moore, who comes out of the HR manager's office.
The HR manager walks towards the young man, accompanied by the new teacher.

Mr. Miller : It's Mr. Josh King. He's our Maths Teacher. If you want something, don't hesitate to tell him about it.

Josh gave her a small smile.

Mr. Miller : It's Miss Jennifer Moore. Now she's the new Spanish Teacher.

Mr. Miller's phone rang.
"Well, I have to go. I have an urgent call."

Josh : Welcome. Said with another small smile.
Jennifer : Thank you very much, Mr. King.
Josh : Can I see your schedule?

Jennifer gives him the paper. He looks at it for a few moments and says:

Josh : Your course is right next to mine. Second year. They are a bit rambunctious but kind at the same time. There will surely be new ones.
Jennifer : I hope it'll be a good year.

A young woman rushes towards them. Dressed in a beautiful white shirt, and a gray skirt. She looks charming.

Kelly : Good morning Josh. Is this the new teacher ?
Jennifer : Yes, hello. It's Jennifer Moore. Spa...
Kelly : Kelly Williams. Nice to meet you.

Kelly seems to dislike the new teacher.

Kelly : Anyway, Josh, we meet in the cafeteria. Said with a big smile, then go down the stairs.

Josh : Don't worry. She's always like that.

After 2 hours of work.
The bell rings, the students leave. It's recess time. Josh gets to his feet, then walks out of class, and rushes over to Jennifer's class.

Josh :  Would you like some coffee, Jennifer?
Jennifer : That would be nice, thank you.

Josh returns with two cups of coffee. He puts a cup on Jennifer's desk and sits down on a table in front of her.

Jennifer : Thanks for the coffee.
Josh : How was the first session?
Jennifer : As you said, they are rambunctious but thank goodness they learn quickly.
Josh : They'll get used to it. I'm sure you teach well.
Jennifer : That's kind of you. My mother is Mexican.
Josh : Wow. I'll be your student then.
Jennifer : Alright.
Josh : How do you say thank you so much in Spanish then?

Jennifer stood up writes the word in Spanish in the board and repeats it:

Jennifer : "Muchas gracias"
Josh : Muchas gracias, señorita!

Jennifer laughed, surprised.

Jennifer : De nada.
Josh : Is that right?
Jennifer : That's very right, Mr. King.

The bell rang once more.

The day is over.
Teachers come out of the school.
A taxi pulls up in front of Jennifer. She comes back home.
In the kitchen, her mother is preparing dinner.

Maria : Good evening, mi Bella. How was your day ?
Jennifer :  I liked it. Mamá, you had to rest a bit. The doctor said you need rest. I was supposed to cook dinner today.
Maria : You're exaggerating! I'm fine. And, you were at work all day.

Maria, her mother, is sick. After her husband's death, she had heart problems. She shouldn't try harder. A few months ago, they moved into this apartment, 5th floor in downtown LA.

"Mamá, rest, please!"
The mother lay down on the sofa, in the living room.

Jennifer continues to cook dinner. Suddenly, the rain begins to fall. She looks out the kitchen window, at the cars below, she stares at a man getting out of his car, running, so as not to get wet and enters the building next door.

The meal is already ready. They start to eat.

The next morning, Jennifer puts on heavy clothes. She kisses her mother's forehead and goes out to go to work.

Luckily, Jennifer finds a taxi. She whistles loudly.

A young man turns his head abruptly.
"Jennifer?"

He runs towards her.
"You can leave, sir. We will go together." Said the young man to the driver.

Jennifer gets out of the taxi.

Jennifer : Mr. King ? Surprised.
Josh : What are you doing here?
Jennifer : I live here.
Josh : Really? Me too.
Jennifer : Beautiful coincidence.
Josh : So I have to accompany you every morning to work. We are colleagues and now neighbours.
Jennifer : No, it's not worth it. That's nice of you.
Josh : Don't say that, Jennifer. Go ahead, get in the car. Please.

She gets in the car. Then they go to work together.
In the car, Josh starts asking questions to get to know her better.

Jennifer : Jennifer Moore, 25 years old. I already said that my mother is Mexican, but my father is American, so I was born in California. But I decided to move with my mother to LA, after the death of my father in Santa Clarita. So I had to look for a new job in Los Angeles.
Josh : It's Josh King, I'm 27. I live actually with my parents. I was born in California too, especially in San Francisco. Maths Teacher for 5 years. By the way, Mr. Bell, the principal is my father's best friend. But that doesn't mean, I'm not good at teaching. I have a lot of awards.

Arrived at school. Each of them liked the personality of the other.