VI

She enters her room after a few minutes. Notification received.

Jennifer : It's probably Josh.

She looks at her phone, message received from an unknown number.

"I've been looking for you for 4 months. I saw that you changed your address and number. I know you're still mad, but I miss you. I betrayed you, I know, I don't forgive myself. I'm sorry, forgive me. I don't even know how I could have done that."

Jennifer doesn't understand anything. She calls.

In Kelly's suite. The phone rang.
Kelly jumps: "She's calling!! She's calling!! What will we do now?"

Mandy : Why are you so scared? Of course you won't answer!!

Jennifer sends a message: "Who are you ?"
Mandy picks up the phone and writes.

Mandy : I'm sorry for what I did to you.
Jennifer : Excuse me. Wrong number.
Mandy : Jennifer, please! Forget all our problems!! I still love you !!
Jennifer : Who are you ?

Jennifer got angry. Then she slept straight away.

In the morning, Josh and Jennifer get in the car.

Josh : Do you want to have lunch together?
Jennifer : OK no problem.

In the hotel.
Kelly and Mandy go downstairs to have breakfast with the wedding guests.
The buffet is already open.
Paul walks over to Kelly. He gives her a rose and says.

Paul : Good morning, pretty !
Kelly : Ooh!! Thanks Paul. It's so cute!
Paul : It's nothing for you. You deserve a bouquet of roses, Kelly.

Everyone is seated. Everyone eats.
A young man named Will sits next to Paul and whispers to him.

Will : Since yesterday I've been thinking about a gift to give to my girlfriend, Lara. Tomorrow is her birthday. I would like you to help me.
Paul : Now ?
Will : Please.
Paul : Alright, wait for me outside. I'll wash my hands, and I'll come.
Will : We didn't even eat.
Paul : You deprive me of this beautiful moment, I deprive you breakfast. Stand up.

Will takes his keys and leaves. Paul turns his head towards the girls and says:

Paul : I'll leave you ladies. We'll talk later.

Kelly smiles at him and continues eating.
She turns her head towards Mandy. She sees Mandy already looking at her with a weird face.

Kelly : What ? Surprised.
Mandy : Can't you smell anything?
Kelly : Emm.. Food ?
Mandy : Love.
Kelly : It's not time to sneer, Mandy.
Mandy : I'm not joking. Paul still loves you.
Kelly : But, I don't like him. We're just friends.
Mandy : His feelings haven't changed since last year.
Kelly : You know that I love Josh.
Mandy : And he doesn't love you.

Mandy regrets her last sentence. Kelly remained silent. Suddenly, a mocking smile appeared on Mandy's face. Looks like a devil's smile.

Mandy : I have an idea.
Kelly : What else is there?

A few minutes later, Kelly calls Paul on the phone:
"Hi Paul..I hope I'm not bothering you...I'd like you to do me a favour...Okay. We'll wait for you in our room for lunch together...See you. later !"

Lunch time, Josh and Jennifer went out to have lunch together as they planned.
They ride the car.

In Kelly and Mandy's suite, Paul entered. He sits down in front of them.

Mandy : I know you didn't understand anything.
Paul : Exactly, can you explain?
Mandy : In LA, we have a best friend called Jennifer. We haven't spoken to each other for a long time. And we want to play a little prank on her. For her to believe us, we need a man she doesn't know. We said why not play this role.
Paul : Me ?
Kelly : Please don't say no! Begging.
Paul : No no. I won't refuse.. but what am I going to tell her?
Mandy : That you miss her, and you've done some investigating, you knew she's dating a guy named Josh. And even if he's rich, you can be richer than him.
Kelly : And that you will live happily together.
Paul : That's all ?
Kelly : Yes.
Paul : Okay, deal.

Josh and Jennifer choose a table for two. She puts her phone on the table in front of Josh, then she says.

Jennifer : I'm going to wash my hands, I'll be right back.
Josh : OK.

Jennifer goes to the bathroom, she looked at herself in the mirror. She let out a breath and says.

Jennifer : Oh, but what's happening to you, Jennifer ?

Jennifer who is in the mirror, speaks.

Jennifer in the mirror : Your heart on fire is in love, don't try to hide the passion in your eyes. Why deny it ? He bewitched you, didn't he ?
Jennifer : Forget it.
Jennifer in the mirror : Even if you deny, you smile because you love him.
Jennifer : I'm not in love. I will never dare.
Jennifer in the mirror : It's not worth hesitation because you love Josh.
Jennifer : Dare I confess how much I love him ?

At the same time, at the hotel, Mandy is sending many messages to Jennifer as that man who has been bothering her since last night:
"Jennifer, I'm really sorry. But I love you. I can't forget you. What can I do to make you forgive me?"

At the restaurant, Josh looks at the phone which vibrates, but he tries to hide his curiosity. Suddenly the phone rang. He takes it, thinking it was an urgent call. He finds the unknown number. He doesn't answer. The moment the phone stops ringing, all notifications showed up. He reads them.
Jennifer returns, she finds her phone in Josh's hands.

Jennifer : What are you doing ?
Josh : Is he your boyfriend?

Jennifer sits down and picks up her phone.

Jennifer : I don't know him. Since yesterday he's bothering me with all these messages. It's probably a wrong number.
Josh : If it's a wrong number, how does he know your name?
Jennifer : I don't know. I even called him yesterday, he didn't answer. It's surely a prank.
Josh : Who can play this prank on you? Wait, I'll call him.
Jennifer : No need. He won't answer.

Josh calls the number.

In Kelly and Mandy's suite, the phone rang.

Kelly : She's Calling!!

Mandy gives the phone to Paul.

Mandy : Ready ?

Paul hangs up.