XXI

Wendy : Why are you defending her ?
Jason : It was his heart that chose her. You should know that I regret refusing their marriage.
Wendy : Why ?
Jason : I don't know. I don't think Jennifer is that bad.
Wendy : Don't let me scold you, now it's just Kelly.
Jason : And what did Jennifer do to us?
Wendy : She has no place in my heart, I don't like her.
Jason : The god gave us this sign, not because she's a bad person , but because we wanted to ruin our son's happiness, and you ruin again and again.

2 days later in the hospital. This is Jennifer's last day.
Carla tidies up Jennifer's things.

Jennifer passes by Josh's room. The door is already open. She sees Kelly and Josh laughing. Tears fall from her eyes.

She continues to leave the hospital, then gets into the car. She sits behind.

Jennifer : I want to see my mother.

Diego parks the car in front of the hospital in Los Angeles. Jennifer enters. Shock invaded her face. Her mother is in a coma, again.
The nurse enters.

The nurse : Sorry. Visit is per person. Please.

Diego and Carla leave. Jennifer, shocked.
On the one hand, Josh completely forgot about her. And on the other hand, her mother between life and death.

Jennifer loses his voice. She's just crying.

Jennifer : I mustn't leave you alone. Forgive me please. Don't punish me, God. If I left you, don't leave me. Please. I don't know how you feel now. I know it hurts. Your heart hurts. But I know very well that you're strong. Despite all these problems, you struggled and played the roles of both mother and father. You played them well, Mamá. Wake up! I'll be really alone this time, mother. I made two unforgivable mistakes. I left you. And now I'm the reason for what happened to Josh. He lost his memory. He forgot me ... and her mother wants me to forget him too. Wake up mom, please ..

Suddenly, the cardioscope signaled that the heartbeat had stopped.
Jennifer articulates in shock.

Jennifer : M...Ma..MAMÀ !!!! Doctor !!! Help !!!"

Diego, Carla, doctors and nurses enter.

The doctor : Please get out!

Diego and Carla attract Jennifer, who no longer understands. They leave the room.

Jennifer puts her head on Carla's shoulder. Tears are running down her cheeks.

A few minutes later the doctor unfortunately comes out.
The doctor : We're so sorry. May she rest in peace.

Diego and Jennifer start to cry.

1 week later.
In the psychiatrist's office, Jennifer is lying on the sofa. The psychiatrist writes him notes asking questions.

Jennifer : The world is become...black. I can't be happy. I'm so unhappy, surely we are unhappy when we lose someone. I lost two.
The psychiatrist : How do you see your future, Jennifer ?
Jennifer : I don't know, what I see is that when I'm in the street, I see people passing by, they know where to go, they know who to meet, and me, I'm still waiting.
The psychiatrist : What are you waiting for ?

After a moment of silence.

Jennifer : Death.
The psychiatrist : Why ?
Jennifer : Simply because I have no one to live for. I'm alone.

At Josh's house. Josh comes home from the hospital with Kelly, in Los Angeles.

They enter the bedroom. He puts his suitcase in a corner of his room.

Josh : I look like I just came back from a long journey. Smiling.
Kelly : It's been a really long journey. I'll let you rest.
Josh : Stay with us today. We will have lunch together.
Kelly : Okay.
Josh : I'm going to get some rest.
Kelly : Okay, I'll help Aunt Wendy.

In the kitchen.
Kelly helps her aunt.

Wendy : I feel you, by the way.
Kelly : Excuse me ?
Wendy : I raised you, Kelly. Josh and you were like siblings. However, this brotherly love didn't last long.
Kelly : I don't get your point. Why are you saying this, aunty ?
Wendy : I can feel the love in your eyes, dear.

Kelly looked down shyly. Wendy smiles after looking at her.

Wendy : I said I feel you. You are my favourite, Kelly.
Kelly : I don't know what to say, Aunty.
Wendy : I know you love him. What I had in mind was confirmed when I saw how you were scared for him. I said your eyes don't lie, they betray you.