XI

Jennifer puts the piece of paper in her purse.
The course is already over. She leaves.

She finds Josh in his car.
Pride Mood activated again.

Jennifer : Yes ? Something urgent?
Josh : You're going to your mother in the hospital today, aren't you?
Jennifer : Uhh.. yes. Surprised.
Josh : So come in.
Jennifer : I can go alone.
Josh : Stop playing the stubborn woman! I'm going to visit Aunt Maria too. Come in.

She rides the car. They arrive at the hospital.
Then they enter the room.

Aunt Maria's operation will take place the next day.
She opens her eyes. She finds Josh and Jennifer around her.

Maria : I'm happy to see you together again, mis amores!
Josh : We're delighted to see your smile again, Tia Maria!
Jennifer : Mamá ! Courage ! I'm by your side. Don't worry !
Maria : Don't worry, cariño. I'm not afraid. I know tomorrow is my last day alive. I know you don't like me to say that, but I just wanted to see you dressed in your white beautiful wedding dress.
Jennifer : Mamá, why are you saying that ?!

Josh smiled ecstatically.

Josh : Don't say that, Tia Maria. You're going to attend.

Jennifer stares at him without understanding anything.

Jennifer : But what are you talking about?
Josh : It's a secret between us. It's not important for you to know!

The nurse enters.

The nurse : I'm sorry. Mrs. Moore needs rest. Tomorrow there will be an operation. The visit is authorized for tomorrow.
Josh : OK. We'll go out now. Thank you.

Jennifer kisses her mother's forehead, smiling at her.

Jennifer : Don't worry. I'm still here.

Josh and Jennifer come out of the room.

Josh : You're coming home ?
Jennifer : Yes. But above all, you are now going to explain to me what is secret between you and my mother!
Josh : I am discreet, secrets are not told.
Jennifer : Don't drive me crazy! I'm waiting for an explanation!
Josh : OK. But I'm not going to explain in front of the door. Do you accept that we eat together?

After starting at Josh without any word.

Jennifer : And you will explain to me?
Josh : Of course.

At the restaurant.

Jennifer : So ? I'm listening.
Josh : I don't know how to put it, I have to tell you the whole story.
Jennifer : OK. Tell me !
Josh : Before you came to this school, I had a messy life. Truth be told, my dad and I have a great relationship. But sometimes I feel that age plays a very important role. My dad can't understand me every time. My mother is a very nice person, she tries to understand me too, but she never got to do it. Anyway, when I met you, I felt something weird, like something was telling me that I'm going to love you. I was very happy when I found out that we are neighbours. When I'm tired or when I'm in a bad mood, one look is enough for me. You really change my mood. From the first day, your smile dazzled me. I forget the bad things when I'm by your side. I am not exaggerating. I feel something towards you. And I'm sure it's love. I love you, Jennifer. I really love you. I want you to be in my life. I'm really sorry for everything that happened because of me.
Jennifer : Because of you ?
Josh : Yes. Because of my jealousy, because of my lack of trust in you...
Jennifer : I'm really surprised at what I'm hearing now.
Josh : You mean you never believed that I could say that one day? You must know that I only said all this after a long breath. I feel that you felt the same as me. Don't you?
Jennifer : Me ? Who told you that ?
Josh : Your eyes. And you told me that once.
Jennifer : When ?
Josh : In your birthday. Do you remember ? Don't hide it, Jennifer. Don't deny it.

Jennifer looks at Josh without saying anything.

Josh : Do you marry me, Jennifer?
Jennifer : Are you crazy ?
Josh : Yes. Because of you.
Jennifer : Now I can't say yes.
Josh : Why ?
Jennifer : You know, my mother is in the hospital. And first I need to know her opinion.
Josh : I already asked her. She has accepted. And besides, I didn't tell you the wedding is tomorrow. Smiling.
Jennifer : You already told her ?
Josh : Yes, didn't you see that there was a secret between us ? So what is the answer now?
Jennifer : I have to think.
Josh : You mean you never thought about this before ?
Jennifer : Don't upset me. Smiling nicely.
Josh : I fell in love with you because of that pretty smile you have. Spoiling her.

Jennifer continues to smile.

Josh : That means you're not mad anymore.
Jennifer : I'm still mad...
Josh : No, please. I know that you have a kind heart. It forgave me. Right ?
Jennifer : What a confidence !

The two return to their homes.