X

Jennifer agrees to ride the car.

In the car, she doesn't say a word, but she's at the same time surprised by his behaviour, which has quickly changed again, positively.

Josh was just thinking about his speech who he'll say in front of her.
He had said he didn't like lies, but now he has to lie.
He had to lie so as not to lose her.

Jennifer : What's this work dinner for ?

Josh doesn't know what to say anymore, it's not a working dinner at all.

Josh : Uhh.. I don't know.

They enter the restaurant, a table is already reserved for them.
Jennifer stopped.

Jennifer : Uh..That won't be enough for us. We're three.

Josh looked at her.

Josh : Can you sit down, please ?

Jennifer sits down saying.

Jennifer : I don't understand.

The two sit down.

Jennifer : Could you explain to me what's happening?
Josh : I don't know where to start..uhh..this isn't a working dinner.
Jennifer : What is it then ?
Josh : That was a little lie, because I knew that you weren't going to come if it wasn't related to work.

Jennifer stares at him.

Josh : I knew the truth.

Jennifer gave a cartoonish smile.

Jennifer : Good for you. Although you lied, and this is not a working dinner, so I have nothing more to do here.

Jennifer stands up. He suddenly holds her hand.

Josh : I'm sorry.
Jennifer : It's too late. I already warned you. No need now to regret.
Josh : I had no proof.
Jennifer : You didn't trust me.
Josh : You're right. But I was lost, jealous, blind. Forgive me. I didn't mean to hurt you. Please.
Jennifer : I have to go now, Mr. King. I wish you a good night.

Jennifer comes out of the restaurant. He follows her. She runs to a taxi, then opens the door.

He runs towards her, and stops her by taking her hand.

Josh : You won't break the heart of someone who loves you. Will you ?

Jennifer looks at him.

Jennifer : But, unfortunately, you already did. And by the way, you're a good liar, Mr. King.

She gets in the taxi and leaves.

Josh returns home, painfully. He couldn't sleep.
In front of him, full of sheets of paper on which he drew Jennifer several times.

His father enters.

Jason : You have not slept yet ? It's 3am. Tomorrow you have 2 classes. You'll finish at 2 p.m.
Josh : I'm not sleepy.
Jason : What are you doing ?

He looks how many times his son has drawn Jennifer.

Jason : I know you love her.

Josh turns his head towards his father.

Josh : Do you refuse too?
Jason : Don't you think that your mother is right ?
Josh : No. She's wrong. You both saw her, she's not greedy, she's not bad.

The father sits on the bed. He thought for a moment.

Jason : I just don't want to see you broken.
Josh : I'll be if I stop loving her. Dad, you saw her, you met her mom. They're too nice.
Jason : Josh, listen... sometimes our heart makes the wrong choice...
Josh : Dad, let me make my choice.
Jason : And by the way, I heard that she's getting married to someone else.
Josh : Dad, never believe something you've just heard.
Jason : You mean, that was a rumour ?
Josh : Yeah.
Jason : What about the man she always hang out with ?
Josh : He's your little cousin.
Jason : Did you propose to her ?
Josh : Not yet.

The father stands up with a mocking smile.

Jason : Stop dreaming, son ! You have to accept this reality. Forget her !
Josh : Dad, I thought you were my best friend, and that you will understand how I feel. Especially if it has to do with my future.
Jason : Josh, I say that for your good. You have to understand.. go to sleep now, and stop drawing. Only 5 hours left to go to work...

The father comes out of the room.
Josh thinks that what his father told him is really nonsense. He cannot forget this love.
On his desk, he holds in his hands a sheet on which he had drawn Jennifer.
He looks at her for a moment.

Josh : What would I do now with this broken heart? Answer! I asked for your forgiveness..but you didn't want to. If only I had confessed before all this, I'm sure I wouldn't regret it.

In Jennifer's room.
Jennifer is also not sleepy. She thinks of him.

Jennifer : My heart is as broken as yours. You want me to give you this chance, when you didn't give it to me before. You didn't even trust me. Why did you do all this?

At the same time, they stand up, look at the same shooting star.
And at the same time, they say : « After all that, would I dare to tell you how much I love you? »

The next day, Jennifer and Josh go to work, with the same fatigue. They hadn't slept well yesterday.

Josh tried many times to talk to her. But she doesn't give him a chance, out of pride.

The day is almost over.

Jennifer goes to the restroom, to wash his hands. When she goes out, she no longer finds Josh in his classroom.

She returns to her classroom, she finds a piece of paper on her desk.
She opens it: « I'm waiting for you outside. Josh. »